What's new

JBL Studio Series I & II (1 Viewer)

Hello All,

I just upgraded my Northridge 5.1 setup by replacing the front mains (N28) with Studio Series 310 II floorstanders. They are sweet! However, I am now looking to replace the center channel with a Studio Series model. What is the difference between the series I and II center (besides the color)? It seems the series I is more availible used, but I want whatever is better/matches the mains. Thanks.

johnny..bon

Second Unit
Real Name
John
At one time I had a pair of S-38's and S-38ii's and I thought the first pair sounded better. I also ran a S-center with a pair of S-310ii's and they sounded good together. I believe the S-310ii's are better than the first series.
I would suggest you run the original S-center with the S310ii's.

Shane K

Agent
There were really no major differences between the i and ii series Studio models besides cosmetics. JBL went from the bronze colored cones to a darker pewter and the grill colors went from a charcoal (almost brownish) to black. The bookshelf and tower speakers also had a slightly different wood grain finish between the lines. To fully match the S310ii's aestetically I would recommend an S-center ii but there really shouldn't be a discernable difference in performance by mixing lines.

Kinger

I wanted to update my original post by letting you know I contacted JBL on this issue. I recieved an E-mail from their support service which stated that the series II had improved components and drivers. Any opinions?

Chris Huber

Second Unit
I've got the S312iis with the S-Center-II up front. Sounds really good. Much better then the regular northridge series I listened to in the store. the sound much warmer/richer.

I would stay with the same series up front, so get the SIIs...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks