1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

JBL S vs. N vs. E

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Josh*B, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Josh*B

Josh*B Auditioning

I was wondering what everybody think's of the JBL Northridge E series compared to the N series and the studio S series. I decided to go all E series with my setup, so I Picked up the E50's for the back speakers and an EC35 center speaker over the S center and the S38's.

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    You forgot L [​IMG], which is the replacement for the Studio "S" line. The S are clearly better than the N and Es, IMO. The Es are the current model replacements for the Ns, and are quite similar.

3. Josh*B

Josh*B Auditioning

Thanks for the info. The l series are out of my price range, but I really thought the e-50's and the ec35 would be better than the s center II and the s38's because they have a higher power rating. Are the S's really that much clearer?

4. Josh*B

Josh*B Auditioning

I should also add I like to play music REALLY loud and I tend to push my speakers really really hard and i thought the e's would be better than the s's for that fact, but I really don't know!!!!

5. Greg-ST

Greg-ST Stunt Coordinator

AFAIK the only "significant" difference between the S series and the other two is that the S series all have pure titanium dome tweeters, while the others are titanium-laminate.