What's new

JBL NSP1II worked out great (1 Viewer)

Greg_Mitch

Agent
I just thought I would let you guys know that I decided to go with the JBL NSP1II speaker set because they were on sale at BestBuy.com. I have never been happier. For $149 I got 5 speakers with mounting hardware for 4. These speakers are larger than I imagined and mounting them directly to the drywall was not going to be an option in rental property for me. I was somewhat restricted in placement because of this but it looks pretty good. I am driving these speakers and the partsexpress.com sub, The Tiny Mighty I believe some call it, with my H/K AVR 325 and am hearing some amazing results. It took me awhile to get everything together(reciever this month, sub next month, and on and on...) but it was well worth the wait.

It is not properly calibrated yet, pending an AVIA DVD from a friend, but I put in the first disc of LOTR The Two Towers EE, and got blown away from the sound quality, the bass and the volume. Turns out my neighbors don't care much for the downfiring sub. Oh well, no late night movies for me. This is encouraging as the sound can only get better after proper calibration.

Just thought I would share my experience with you in case anyone is on the fence about any of these products. Let me tell you, they are well worth the money.

Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator
Glad to hear you like it :emoji_thumbsup: I'm running a similar setup... NSP1II speaker package, Dayton Tiny Mity II, and the Pioneer VSX-D912K.

Once you calibrate the speaker output levels you'll enjoy movies even more :)

Greg_Mitch

Agent
Yes, the Dayton Sub from partsexpress. Puts out quite a bit of bass for a small sub in a small to medium size room...for me anyway. I think it is on sale right now for $109. Pretty sweet deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks