What's new

JBL NSP1 5 speaker set for $149 shipped at Bestbuy.com (1 Viewer)

David Blair

Stunt Coordinator
That's a pretty convincing review but is sounds like a HK 125 or 225 wouldn't do a very good job driving these speakers.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

An honestly rated 45w x 5 AV Receiver could drive the JBL NSP1 up to approx. 100 dB without a sub, using the ...

SPL CALCULATOR
--------------
Speaker Sensitivity: 86 dB SPL (1 W/1 M)
Amplifier Power: 45 Watts
Distance: 9 feet (my sweet spot distance from my Center)
No. of Speakers: 5 usually 2, more for multi-channel
Speaker Placement (Choose 1): Away from walls (or do not consider placement)
==============
100.8 dB SPL at listening postion

Now, with a powered-sub (highly recommended for the NSP1's), you'll get the full-HT impact and off-load some of the LFE demand from your AV Receiver AMPs.

FYI: Read my website How many watts for Home Theater is enough??? for a simple explaination.

Phil

Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator
The NSP1's are a steal at that price. I have the NSP1II package.

Honestly, though, I'd pair them up with a receiver that has a little more grunt than the lower end HK's, especially if you're really into movies. My speakers loved the jump between my previous Kenwood receiver (VR-615, rated at 100x6.. likely could achieve possibly half the rating) to my new receiver, the Pioneer VSX-D912K (can drive a full 80 watts into 5 channels). When I crank the volume to high levels they're very impressive. Definately sound like a movie theater during movies. They sound quite good with music as well. These JBL's can take quite a good amount of power so you'll want a capable receiver to fully enjoy them.

Greg_Mitch

Agent
So do the JBL's come with mounting hardware? or do they come ready to mount(as in ready to be mounted to hardware and then mounted to wall)? I would like to buy these but dont want to purchase four wall mounts as well. Let me know. Thanks.

Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, they come with all the necessary wall mounting hardware. Assembly is required though.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Click HERE to see what the omni-mount wall hanging brack and tools look like for each N24's in the NSP1 package.

Highly agree w/sub of course!!! Sounds glorious!!!

Phil

Greg_Mitch

Agent
Those mounts look awesome. Do these weigh quite a bit? Am I going to have to anchor this into a stud or are they small enough they could get by on just a dry wall connection? I have never seen these speakers up close, only on the internet. This is sounding like a sure thing for me.

Bernie_A

Stunt Coordinator
Man......these at $150, a $100 Dayton sub, $130 Pio 356 DVD and (take your pick) $200-$300 Onkyo from eCost and you have a really nice little HT on the REAL cheap......add $200 for cables and stands......$850 +/-.........very hard to beat and I bet it would sound pretty darn nice for the money. Add a refurn Pronto 3000 and you are in for less that a grand.....sweet.

Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator
Greg_Mitch, they aren't too heavy, but do put a good amount of force on the mounts when hanging out from the wall. You can get by on just a drywall mount but you'll want to use good drywall screws. You can anchor into a stud if want to ensure they won't pull out of the wall. At least one of my rear N24II's is mounted just into the drywall and it's nice and tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks