1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

JBL E60 Northridge, MTX AAL212B, or something else?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Rangerbob86, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Rangerbob86

Rangerbob86 Auditioning

I just moved into a decent sized apartment, and are looking for something for ipod/computer/possibly TV listening. I don't need a 5.1 system and don't want to deal with running the wires, so I'm thinking I want either a 2.0 or 2.1 type of system. I don't have a much of a budget, but don't need it to be very loud since I don't think my neighbors would like that. I would rather focus on clarity at low to moderate volumes.
    I have come across a couple deals and want to know what you think about these systems...
    One option is a pair of JBL E60 Northridge Speakersand a JVC RX-6000V receiver. This package is $170.
    The other option is a pair of MTX AAL212B speakers, with no receiver, for $125.
    I think they both look good, but didn't know if anybody else had any other options to consider. I'm trying to stay under $300 which is why I was excited to come across these deals. I know $300 isn't much, but I really don't need all that much. Any opinion is appreciated!