What's new

Jaws 30th Anniversary Edition in June (1 Viewer)

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Thank God for Multi-Regional players. Anyway, it's Universal's loss since I was going to pick-up the JAWS giftset but alas, I'll be going for the R1 set instead.

Unless this is some kind of mistake (hopefully!)...

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I'm pretty sure that all European HTF members who visit the Film and Documentary board, have a multi-region player. My first player in '99 was multi. There is no other, as far as I'm considered. It's still disappointed to not see it carried over to the R2 editions.

Does the R2 of Duel have the mono?

RichardCrowther

Stunt Coordinator

Apparently not - but it does contain the documentary which specifically makes reference to the sound of the truck at the end of the film - a sound which is nowhere to be heard on the R2!!:angry: Ignorant, irresponsible and utterly typical of the way R2 discs are handled, sadly.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Just an FYI...

All those who are annoyed about not having the trailers on the new release, please email me. I have a solution.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
its nice to hear the mono track again (and the foley effects i know so well) but Damn! is that track shrill/harsh.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I have the original DTS only release, is this new set worth the upgrade for someone who dosen't care about extras or the mono track?

ZackR

Supporting Actor
In my opinion, if you don't care about the extras or the mono, then no, it would not be worth it to you. Again, my opinion. But for me, I wanted both the extras and the mono track, so it was a no-brainer. By the way, that documentary is great! Glad I finally had the chance to see it! :emoji_thumbsup:

Tom Kirk

Agent
Real Name
Tom Kirk
From nytimes.com

"Frank Mundus, the hulking Long Island shark fisherman who was widely considered the inspiration for Captain Quint, the steely-eyed, grimly obsessed shark hunter in “Jaws,” died on Wednesday in Honolulu. He was 82 and lived on a small lemon-tree farm in Naalehu, on the southern tip of the Big Island of Hawaii, 2,000 feet above shark level.

The cause was a heart attack, his wife, Jeanette, said.

Mr. Mundus and his wife moved from Montauk, on the South Fork of Long Island, to Hawaii in 1991, but often returned to Long Island in summer, when tourists and city-slicker enthusiasts sought to spice vacations with a shark hunt, priced at $1,800 for a party of five.

On just such a venture in August 2007, the tail of a nine-foot thresher shark splashing off the stern of his 42-foot boat, the Cricket II, slapped Mr. Mundus and sent him reeling. He struck right back, planting his gaff — a giant fish hook on a pole — in the shark’s back and hauling it aboard.
"

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Wow, and I just watched him on my Shark Week dvd set a week ago. I was figuring out how old he was now and wondering how much longer he'd stick around.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Sounds like he was the real deal. Not a Good Morning Vietnam Robin Williams person who had to be upgraded.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

RIP you loud storytellin, scary grizzled, fish catching old drunk!! (...I say lovingly. )

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks