What's new

Jarhead is out. Anybody see it for PQ? (1 Viewer)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
well? lemme know. saw it cinema. was beautifully shot. wondering if anyone watched it on HD-DVD =).

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I watched it the other night on HD DVD, exceptional visual quality. The photography made the movie.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i would think this pic would make a better reference/demo disc than the other titles currently because of the bright dessert setting.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
looking at it right now.
of the 3 i have watched in hd dvd this one looks the best so far.
other 2 are doom and apollo 13.
i was dissapointed with doom
apollo 13 looked terrific.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Finally watched this earlier this evening. It looked great. Maybe a touch of haloing in a few scenes, but nothing pervasive or obvious; to the point that perhaps I shouldn't even mention it.

Very clean and detailed image. The reds and oranges were very well saturated, and the blown out white skies were solid and clean with no digital artifacts. While the color pallette of the film is limited to two primary motifs, and consequently doesn't show off the color space of HD-DVD in the same manner as some of the other titles, this is one of the cleanest presentations I've seen yet. From a technical standpoint highly recommended. Somewhat mixed feelings about the film itself, but that is subjective and not the point of the thread.

I know some folks have reported problems with this title on their Toshiba players but my copy played flawlessly. To date, zero problems with player and titles ( knock on wood. :) )

- Walter.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member

Same here. Every time I put a new title in the player that has been mentioned as problematic, I cross my fingers and hope for the best. But I've had no problems at all so far.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

i see some ringing but i think it was supposed to be there.
during the tv filmed interviews i saw it.
and just about anything that looked like it was filmed for a tv segment had it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks