What's new

James Bond individual Blu-rays Target, Best Buy, and Wal-mart exclusives? (1 Viewer)

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific
Real Name
Stephen Lilley
Basically :)
I'll be completely honest. Part of me just wants to know what's going on, as I was really looking forward to ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE. As a former employee, another, larger part of me knows that if I bitch hard enough I'll probably get a gift card out of it, ha.
But that all depends on corporate knowing that this was supposed to happen in the first place. If THEY haven't heard about their own exclusive Bond releases, then we'll know we're well and truly boned.

Steven_M Grimes

Stunt Coordinator
Went to Best Buy and nobody knew anything about exclusives.
I'm out. I will wait for Amazon to get them. I've waited a couple of years already for the ones I want, so what's the difference now.
I may give Target a shot, but unless I can order the discs from Best Buy's web site, I'm staying away.

P

Patrick Donahue

I just went to the Best Buy 1 mile from their corporate campus here in Minneapolis - no Bonds, no Universal Monsters, nothing. And that store usually has everything.
All I really wanted was On Her Majesty's Secret Service, so I just downloaded it from iTunes. It looks and sounds wonderful in that format. Good enough for me.
Best Buy can't continue to complain about how they are competing with Amazon when... they can't compete with Amazon.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I had considered buying just my favorite Bond titles for now, but ended up going with the box set when the price dropped to $150. The other reason I decided to go that route, though, was to avoid doing this exclusive title dance with 3 separate retailers -- especially when one of those retailers is Best Buy. Even Indiana Jones would have trouble finding BD titles in their horrible, illogical mess of a store layout. I have only bought BD's there a few times in the past year (during their $5 DVD trade-ins), but every single time I had to get help in order to locate the titles I was interested in. What a mess!
My appreciation for Amazon grows every time I step into a Best Buy.

MattAlbie60

Real Name
Stephen Lilley
To make matters worse, Best Buy just jammed all Blu-rays and DVDs together in one giant mess. I thought it was just my store, but I've seen others reference it, too. I haven't purchased a movie on DVD in over three years since going to Blu-ray, so its great to walk into the store and wade through piles of discs to get to what I want.
Dummies.

Doctorossi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Schuyler
There's an (alleged insider) indication on another forum now that the BB exclusives will be launching on 10/23.
Oh, for a press release. :rolleyes:
Wake up, store- we're trying to pay you!

mark-edk

Second Unit
Of the 9 'exclusive' titles allegedly issued today, there were six I wanted. First stop was Target, where they had all three of their Bond Blus. I took one of the three and then headed off for Walmart, where I planned to get two more. Unfortunately even though I went the extra distance to the bigger Walmart they had none of them out, not even places for them on the racks. So I trudged off to another store, where they also had zero of the three!
I didn't bother going to BB based on what I read here and the fact that none of the titles are on their website; that figures, as I want all three of their titles. BB is the longest distance for me, so I'll wait until they are on the website, then order them and have them held for pickup. As for Walmart I got nicked by a fraudulent purchase made to my name on their website and customer service was not very helpful, so I refuse to deal with them online. I'll have to wait for/hope that they eventually turn up on the shelves.
Kind of a waste of several hours.

MattAlbie60

Real Name
Stephen Lilley
My Walmart didn't have them out, either. I had to get a guy to go in the back and get the big "James Bond" shipper.
He gave me a hard time at first, as he was like "Well, I've never heard of that, so we don't have them." But luckily I was able to point him to the giant sign advertising them right as you walked in the door, so he begrudgingly went and got them.

mark-edk

Second Unit
I tried doing a local Walmart stock search for the Bond titles via the walmart website, and they all said available 10/9. But they're still shipping it now from HQ and if I paid enough $$ I could have it by 10/4.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
My Wal-mart had them out last week when they put out the 50 box set. My Target had the strange pricing already posted, with "The Living Daylights" at $14.99. They also had a re-issue of "License to Kill" at $14.99, but the other two exclusives were both $9.99. Some store clerk told me it had to do with the popularity of the titles, which was absolute garbage. NOTHING at Best Buy. It's not even listed on their website.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
I've been told the Wal-Mart exclusives are at Super Wal-Marts and the web site only. Regular stores don't get them. Got them at my local SW-M; ditto the Target exclusives in store. No one at either Best Buy knew anything about theirs. Sure looks like BB is doing 10/23. At least I have the other six and Airport till then.

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
At Best Buy, a customer representative looked up their 3 exclusives and said that they won't be released until
Oct. 23.

largozxc

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom
I went to a larger Walmart this AM, and they had nothing. I know the woman there and she checked their computer and said no stores had them, they were only available online. I went to Target, and found 1 copy of each of their exclusives, and also License To Kill. The 2 Dalton films were 14.99, the other 2 exclusives, Tomorrow Never Dies and A View to a Kill were 9.98. I double checked, sure enough. Go figure. I then went to a smaller WalMart and they had a huge 007 display and I was able to pick up their exclusives. I went to 2 different Best Buys, no exclusives in stock, no one knew anything about them. My best guess is they are waiting to release their exclusives after it is too late for anyone who bought the box set to return it. That is what I did, I bought the box set while is was on sale, have not opened it. The plan was to try to get the missing 9 films then return the box set. Guess we will see.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
The idea of Target getting an exclusive of 3 titles, only carrying 1 per store and not listing them on their website is mind-boggling.

RichardSC

Grip
Went to Wal-Mart and was told I had to go to a Super-Wal-mart for the Bond Blu-rays which they had in stock. Same story as others at Target - 3 titles available with one priced higher. Went to Best Buy and no one knew anything. I told the clerk that is why Best Buy is going downhill - no info and no staff were informed about the Bond blu-rays.

largozxc

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom
I have 3 Walmarts in my immediate area. A Super Walmart, a "regular" Walmart and a very small Walmart. The regular Walmart had nothing this AM, and the small Walmart, that I hardly ever go to because they are so small, had the huge shipper display all set up. I never went to the Super Walmart as there was no need to. I am really surprised at how little fuss is being made over these releases...50th Anniversery, new film coming out soon...

DChapple

Auditioning
Real Name
David Chapple
Just got back from the two Best Buys in my area (Palm Springs) and they had no idea what I was talking about. They looked it up on their computers and nothing came up but the 50th set and some video games.
Both places.
But I went to one of our four (yes, four!) Walmarts and they had a full display of all their Bond Blu-rays. I picked up Diamonds are Forever and Goldeneye. But they had a lot of stock.
Nice display too.
Dave

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
My God, what a travesty. Hand a giant retailer exclusive rights to a film or films and they don't even bother stocking them, or have only one copy, or the employees themselves are clueless. We need a revolt!

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
This is exactly why I bought the box. My time, gasoline and blood pressure are all more than worth the little extra money I spent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks