What's new

James Bond Blu ray Collection - Volumes 1 & 2 (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
NP so far w/ the 3 Connery Bonds on my PS3, which only has v2.4(?) software, IIRC, not the latest update.

_Man_

RichardSC

Grip
For one thinking of buying a Sony Blu-Ray player for the first time and who wants to buy the Blu-Ray James Bond discs, should one wait till the problems are fixed with these discs or is this really an uncomplicated issue to fix? What are the solutions for a novice Blu-Ray person?

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

The best solution is a PS3.

I had no problems with 4 out of the 5 films (Didn't buy Die Another Day) I've watched so far. I also haven't done a firmware update in several weeks.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB

I couldn't get past the menu screen on THUNDERBALL on my Sony BDP-S300. Upgrading the the newest firmware (4.3) solved the problem.

And I'm happy to report that I was able to use all three of my moviecash certificates (from the three Connery Bond Blu-rays) for three tickets for QUANTUM OF SOLACE. But man, what an effing headache getting the stickers off and deciphering the code numbers, not to mention de-gunking the slipcovers. Was SPECTRE behind this insidious plot? :D

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Haven't used mine (4) yet, but yeah, I tried getting one of them off, and I think they got mixed up and actually ended up w/ CONTROL doing it in a project spearheaded by Agent 86. ;) :D

The one I tried was so bad that it was actually easier to read the reversed text off the cover than the intended text off the sticker. I guess I should just be thankful I could read all the essential text at all (reversed or not). :P

_Man_

Mark Hawley

Second Unit

I'm debating as what to do. I have the same player and the same problem with FYEO. I bought both sets so should I return one of them, or hope they fix the problems and arrange to send a replacement disc, or hope that there's a firmware update that fixes the problem?

John_S

Stunt Coordinator

Yup, I have the same machine and I'm also debating whether to return FYEO or hope for the fix.

John H Ross

Screenwriter

Well presumably that's because there IS a technical fault with FYEO. All of the others are merely firmware compatability issues. FYEO has a corrupt .jar file (whatever one of those is). Some players are fine with it though. My Panny BD-50 sailed through it.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member

As did my old up-to-date firmware Sony S500 & New Sony S550!
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Regarding the BD James Bond Collection:

Wonder if this will solve first generation playability issues?

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks