What's new

James Bond Blu ray Collection - Volumes 1 & 2 (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I think there is something wrong with my “From Russia With Love “ Blu-Ray disk. When I 1st put it in my S500 the disk proceeded to the menu but when I tried to use my remote, the disk would not respond. I tried restarting it several times with the same result. I removed it & tried another Blu-Ray disk – “Total Recall”. The disk responded to the remote just fine. Thinking it might be a firmware problem, I updated to S500 version 4.00 from 3.75. I put “From Russia With Love “ back in & tried again. The response or lack thereof is even WORSE!!! It does not even get to the menu! All I get is a black TV screen. “Thunderball” is acting the same way! “Live and Let Die” gets to the menu, but when I try to start the movie all I get is a black TV screen & nothing else happens! The other 3 disks in the Six pack are responding normally. What the Hell is going on with these 3 disks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Has anyone else encountered this situation??? HELP!?! I’m suppose I’m going to have to return these disks to Amazon. I’m guessing Amazon will want both sets & all six disks. And after waiting SO LONG!!! Dam!

cicadess

Auditioning
Real Name
LIU
Horde Leveling Guide | WoW Leveling Guide
Tips on finding a good WOW Horde Leveling Guide Horde Leveling Guide Joanas. WoW Gold Guide Warcraft buy wow gold Riches Warcraft Gold

Secrets

World of Warcraft Leveling Guide | The Litch King
World of Warcraft Leveling Guide You want to get to Level 60 or 70 fast? Then you need a great WoW Leveling

Warcraft Druid Leveling Guide | WoW Guide
You should use our archive to easily find the type of guide you looking for!
WOW Power Leveling

Alliance Leveling guide | Warcraft Underground.com | wow gold & More!
Our Mission. WOW online role-playing game is actually a massively multiplayer online game that allows To provide only the best in

WOW Gold
World of Warcraft Secrets, tips, exploits, videos, and more!

wow Fishing guide
This is a World of Warcraft Fishing guide. If you are looking for ways to make gold please see this Gold Guide. If you are looking for a World of Warcraft leveling guide from 1
World of Warcraft Leveling Guide - horde - WoW - Warcraft Scrolls
WoW horde Leveling wow powerleveling Guide. Achieve level 70 in record time. Over 250 pages of detailed quest instructions

World of Warcraft Leveling Guide You want to get to Level 60 or 70 fast? Then you need a great WoW Leveling
Our Mission. To provide only the best inWOW Gold World of Warcraft Secrets, tips, exploits, videos, and more!
Derek's Alliance and Horde Leveling Guide for World of Warcraft
Derek's Alliance and Horde leveling guide for World of Warcraft on GuruAgent.

cicadess

Auditioning
Real Name
LIU
Horde Leveling Guide | WoW Leveling Guide
Tips on finding a good WOW Horde Leveling Guide Horde Leveling Guide Joanas. WoW Gold Guide Warcraft buy wow gold Riches Warcraft Gold

Secrets

Warcraft Druid Leveling Guide | WoW Guide
You should use our archive to easily find the type of guide you looking for!
WOW Power Leveling

Our Mission. WOW online role-playing game is actually a massively multiplayer online game that allows To provide only the best in

WOW Gold
World of Warcraft Secrets, tips, exploits, videos, and more!

wow Fishing guide
This is a World of Warcraft Fishing guide. If you are looking for ways to make gold please see this Gold Guide. If you are looking for a World of Warcraft leveling guide from 1
World of Warcraft Leveling Guide - horde - WoW - Warcraft Scrolls
WoW horde Leveling wow powerleveling Guide. Achieve level 70 in record time. Over 250 pages of detailed quest instructions

Our Mission. To provide only the best inWOW Gold World of Warcraft Secrets, tips, exploits, videos, and more!
Derek's Alliance and Horde Leveling Guide for World of Warcraft
Derek's Alliance and Horde leveling guide for World of Warcraft on GuruAgent.

Frederic_A

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff, I'm having a similar problem with my UK discs. Dr. No, From Russia With Love and Live And Let Die won't play the film or any of the special features on my PS3. I can get to the menu without trouble but when I select either, it displays a loading screen, then displays it again and then returns to the menu.

Can't imagine it could be firmware-related since the menu does start. I thought it might have something to do with the software trying to connect to the Playstation Network since I haven't got it hooked up to the net - but it seems like your getting a similar error on your S500.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Frederuic. Bad Discs I guess. Well to to Amazon.:angry: :angry: :angry:
I can't imagine it is a hardware problem since the player plays all other discs & the 3 other 007s. :frowning:

Avery C

Auditioning
I am having the same problems with all of them so far. Blank screens. I got
to the menu in Dr. No once ,but that is as far as I got.
I have a fully firmware updated Sony BDP-S300.

John H Ross

Screenwriter
Ah, the curse of James Bond on disc. My UE DVDs had a heck of a bad time with both my Denon 2900 and 2930 players.

I have a Panasonic BD player so hopefully I won't have the same problems with these HD releases....?!?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Sad to see the lack of the liner notes than came with the original DVDs. Has there been a BD release yet that includes any substantial insert? I'm very disappointed with the lack of packaging for BDs.

Also disappointed to hear that the disc of extras from Die Another Day (far from my favorite 007) is missing. Shouldn't this collection be definitive?

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member

So what are we looking at here? Bad Discs or a fully firmware update player from Sony that can't play these discs? I'm thinking Bad discs at this point, until further notice, since 3 of the discs play normally on my fully firmware updated S500.

Any further thoughts?????? :frowning: :eek:

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams

Close Encounters came in a slipcase with a book of around 64 pages. Warners hardcover digibooks all feature content of 32 pages and up.

Target's Indiana Jones ATKOTCS came as a 80-page hardcover.

Um - that's all I got!

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
I have Dr. No, From Russia With Love and For Your Eyes Only. I can't play any of them beyond the menu. Just a black screen. I am using a Sharp HP120U.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I'm getting both boxes tomorrow and I'll be sure to let everyone know how I make out.

Its disappointing to know there may be a large problem with these sets.

Hey, guys. I'm really excited about these releases, too. Especially since FOR YOUR EYES ONLY is my favorite Roger Moore entry. I picked up FYEO and From Russia With Love from Target last night. They both ring up at 19.99 each. No problems here. I threw them on the PS3 last night. They load fairly quickly. So far, so good.
But, each title has a sticker on the slipcase at Target advertising free movie cash for Quantum of Solace, neither case contained a coupon?! Is this promo limited to Best Buy? Or is this some kind of Target goof?

LarryH

Supporting Actor
Thanks to the absolute garbage package, three of my six disks arrived from Amazon as floaters. Haven't had time to play them yet, but scratches were evident.

Thanks a lot MGM :angry:

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member

I agree that this form of packaging is really bad. Why this soft hub?? Let us know if all your discs play OK.

Tim Gerdes

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim Gerdes
I received my first James Bond six-pack from Amazon yesterday, and every one of the flimsy foam hubs had ripped from the packaging, and every single disc was scratched. To make matters worse, none of the discs were playable. I had the same problem as others have described, the discs load to the menu screens, but none of the choices are selectable.

I complained to Amazon about the hubs, and they overnighted a new set. Fortunately, none of the hubs broke loose in the second set, but I still cannot get a single one of the films to play on my Sony BDP-S1.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
So far, I have received all the Bond movies expect For Your Eyes Only. I ordered them individually as I don't do foam hubs. :D

All play on my Pioneer Elite BDP-HD1 updated with the latest firmware (3.80) except From Russia with Love, which is my favorite wouldn't you know? From Russia with Love makes it past the menu and the various anti-piracy screens but hangs before the movie begins.

Thunderball seemed a little bit slower loading than the others on that player, for what its worth.

All five, including From Russia with Love, play fine on my PS3.

Pioneer is pretty good about getting this stuff straightened out before the discs street, so hopefully they'll turn a fix around for this shortly.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
No, it's the scene where Oddjob's car is turning the corner- then the car suddenly lurches ahead to a different position on the street due to the missing frames.

The frames are NOT missing on the Criterion laserdisc, or any of the other LD or VHS releases. The problem only affects the current DVD release and the previous DVD release.

There's a thread about it here:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...d-blu-ray.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks