What's new

James Bond Blu-ray Collection Three-Pack, Vol. 4?? (1 Viewer)

ATimson

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Timson
I have to say, I don't ever recall seeing TV or even significant print advertising for catalog releases--ads for Trek in the official magazines, but that's about it...

ATimson

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Timson
I have to say, I don't ever recall seeing TV or even significant print advertising for catalog releases--ads for Trek in the official magazines, but that's about it...

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
They will certainly complete the set. They invested too much in the remasters not to. Also, I don't know that I believe they have been disappointments as sellers. Weren't Volumes 1 & 2 on the Amazon best seller lists late last year?

Advertising would be a good thing for the sets, especially if you could craft some HD commercials, showing how stunning these old films look in HD. I showed a few minutes of two of the films to a friend who only has the DVDs and he was hooked. Said he was going to go out and get the BDs for him and his son.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Wow ... that is depressing news. :frowning:

Let's hope MGM pushes on and releases the rest of these titles sooner rather than later.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
This was on the news update today at The Digital Bits:

MGM's James Bond Blu-ray Collections: Volumes 1-3 will be re-issued on 9/1 for SRP $69.99 each.

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor

I hope that doesn't mean a redesign of the packaging is happening, I actually like the packaging as it is. Sure I had one of the middle things that hold the disc in place pop off but a little hot glue fixed that.

At least this shows they haven't abandoned the idea and hopefully with a cheaper price more people will grab them... but I actually paid $49.99 CDN each at Future Shop in April for all 3 :D

sestamuch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonas

Yep, I think the 2 volumes were doing pretty good some time ago, so it seems like a good choice to continue the set.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
If they're lowering the retail price of the boxes, does this mean they MIGHT drop the prices of the individuals as well? I've picked up all of these things first day anyway, but I'd love it if they were available for $19.99 moving forward.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I guess good news for us? Are the single discs being repriced as well?

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Man, here's to hoping we don't have to wait until Bond 23 to get the rest of these.

I was really anxious to get the series completed on BD before Xmas and while there's still hope, things have been awfully quiet on the announcement front lately.

I know I'm in the minority, but I was pumped to get A View to a Kill.

RDarrylR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Darryl
I certainly hope they put out volumes 4 through 6 in the next year. I just finally finished watching the last of all of those released on Blu-ray this week and can't wait to get the rest. I may be in the minority but I really enjoyed watching License to Kill and also found The Man With The Golden Gun to be enjoyable again. Both look and sound great on Blu-ray. I even picked up Never Say Never Again and liked it as well even though it's not officially a Bond movie.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by RDarrylR

I certainly hope they put out volumes 4 through 6 in the next year. I just finally finished watching the last of all of those released on Blu-ray this week and can't wait to get the rest. I may be in the minority but I really enjoyed watching License to Kill and also found The Man With The Golden Gun to be enjoyable again. Both look and sound great on Blu-ray. I even picked up Never Say Never Again and liked it as well even though it's not officially a Bond movie.
LTK is actually one of my top five favorite Bond flicks. I think it's absolutely awesome. The BD is one of my favorites as the a/v is outstanding.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
It's been very quiet with news about the rest of the films coming to blu ray. As a Roger Moore fan, I am looking forward to his other 3 films. Diamonds Are Forever, On Her Majesty's Secret Service and The Living Daylights are also favorites of mine too. Goldeneye and Tomorrow Never Dies are the best of the 4 Pierce ones.

Hopefully there will be some news soon.

I know that they are working on a collector's Edition Quantum of Solace blu ray right now. Could they perhaps release it along with the next wave later in 2009? Are there any bigger titles on MGM's slate for the rest of the year?

It's very puzzling that there has been a lack of news, especially with how quickly they were being released..

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
We will almost certainly see some titles for the holiday season. Whether all 9 remaining films will be released this year, who can say. I'm particularly anxious for The Spy Who Loved Me, On Her Majesty's Secret Service and You Only Live Twice.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I'm very anxious for some news too ... I want to complete this collection so badly.

Of course I will buy them all, but I seriously can't wait for GoldenEye and the rest of the Roger Moore ones (the three of them waiting for release are three of my faves).

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling we won't see any more blus until the next Bond picture is released theatrically, which probably won't be until 2011.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
You'd think that the studio would have eventually released the entire set of films as part of the promotion of QoS release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks