1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Jackass The Movie - Widescreen?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Shane Bos, Mar 28, 2003.

1. Shane Bos

Shane Bos Second Unit

I bought this movie in widescreen(of course). However it is not. The case says widescreen, the disc says widescreen but the movie is 4:3. Of course I'm going to take it back to get the proper disc. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Is the disc marked widescreen? Is your DVD player set up correctly? (set to 4:3 letterbox)?

3. Shane Bos

Shane Bos Second Unit

yes the disc is marked widescreen. The player is set up correctly all my other movies play in widescreen.

4. Christopher D

Christopher D Second Unit

This isn't intended as a stupid question -- how far in have you watched? There is an ad for the Jackass TV DVD at the front end that is in 4:3; but the menu and the movie itself should be 1.85:1 anamorphic.

5. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

If the actual movie isn't in widescreen, then it must have been a problem over at Paramount. Maybe they put the wrong label on the disc, and put it in the wrong case. Stuff like that can happen.

6. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I was extremely disappointed to see that this was taken directly from video masters, not a film print, so the whole movie plays at 30 frames per second instead of the 24 that it played at in theatres. They should have at least made the widescreen disc from a film print!

7. Shane Bos

Shane Bos Second Unit

8. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

9. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Because that's what it looked like in theatres.
    (I'd love to see the "native" video-sourced footage from movies like Groove Tube, Tunnelvision and Kentucky Fried Movie, but I wouldn't want to see the actual movies that way!)