What's new

Jack Valenti to retire from the MPAA (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Talk about going from euphoria to suicidal in the space of three posts. ;)

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
FINALLY! Although I doubt it, maybe the MPAA can get it's head out it's ass and start giving out appropiate ratings to movies. I still can't believe they gave School of Rock and Whale Rider PG-13's when they were clearly PG and Almost Famous an R when it was clearly PG-13. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

Luc D

Second Unit
As much as I'm glad to see Valenti go, it's naive to think that the MPAA is going to change, or actually contribute to film rather than impede it as it has since its conception.

Come to think of it, the MPAA might change, but probably not the way we all wished it would. With current trends in the media and public opinion you can clearly see a shift towards heavier restrictions. I sincerely hope that's not the case.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
This will undoubtedly give Mr. Valenti more time to take care of his cheeks.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

5 points if you get that reference.

Rob Bartlett

Stunt Coordinator
I get five points!

I'm with Luc. Valenti is the devil we know, and considering the current cultural climate, we're bound to get someone who is not only serving a prudish agenda,, but someone who probably doesn't even have the convictions Valenti may have had.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks