What's new

Jack Ryan Series SE Announced (1 Viewer)

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Both The Digital Bits and DVD File have posted that Paramount has announced the Jack Ryan series box set of special editions. All four are in the set, the previous Sum of All Fears SE. The other 3 will all be remastered and feature new documentaries with new interviews with the cast, etc. Hunt will also have a commentary track. In addition, the three new SEs (but not Sum) will all have DTS audio. They'll be available seperately for $20 SRP or in a box set for $70-$80 SRP.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
May 6th, eh....

I think I know what I'm asking my wife to get me for our May 17th anniversary.... (22 years).

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
OH thank god I waited. Have been patiently waiting for anamorphic versions of these for a while now. Almost gave in for the original trilogy last summer when it was only 35 for the set. So glad I waited.
Now Paramount...hurry up with Top Gun, Face/Off, and Titanic DTS rereleases!

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Paramount should be applauded for their first DTS DVDs!

The Hunt For Red October should sound very nice in a remastered soundtrack, too. I think I know what to get for my stepfather for his birthday.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Ulp! I just got Patriot Games for X-mas! Almost bought HFRO and CAPD, to finish the collection but decided to wait a bit more.

Well, at least I'll be waiting on those two now.

Ric

CraigL

Screenwriter
I'll be getting the separate editions. No thanks on the Sum of all Fears...

Unless there's an extra disc in that boxed set, I'll stick with the separate editions.

And besides patting Paramount on the back for the DTS (which is FANTASTIC), there's something to be said about that pricing!!

WAY TO GO DALLAS!! errrr....PARAMOUNT!!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Craig,
Unless I'm missing something I don't understand your problem with the pricing. Having a SRP of $70-80 for the set or $19.99 for each disc sold separately means that an informed consumer will probably pay only about $14-15 per dvd. Matter of fact, some of us might be able to buy it a little less than that price. So what's wrong with that selling price?

Crawdaddy

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
Congratulations Paramount!

Not only will we get these excellent films finally in 16x9 but with DTS too!! Wow! Amazingly too the price is right $19.95. Paramount count me in for the first 3 as repurchases!

David

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I never bought the first three due to a suspicion they would be rereleased. I'll either buy the set or the seperate releases depending how much cheaper the set is.

MarcinL

Stunt Coordinator
That is a Repurchase for me, I hate rebuying DVD's, I'm still waiting on THE ROCK to go down in price, I'm sorry but $34.95 at BB is just to freaking much, I'll stick with my Non-Anamorphic version for now, And wassup with Armageddon Criterion, Not only its $29.95, but no anamorphic, WTH?

Users who are viewing this thread