1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Jack Klugman R.I.P.

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Craig S, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Craig S

Craig S Premium
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Sad news for fans of classic TV. The great Jack Klugman has passed at the age of 90.

http://news.yahoo.com/jack-klugman-dies-los-angeles-231248929.html

During the 5-year run of The Odd Couple in the early 70s Klugman and his good friend Tony Randall were one of the greatest comic pairings in television history as mismatched roommates Oscar & Felix. I'd like to think that after all these years they're reunited in some cosmic apartment, and already "driving each other crazy". :)

R.I.P., Mr. Klugman.

2. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    He was the original Herbie in the Broadway Gypsy. RIP.

3. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    I hadn't read this until I came here tonight, so I'm very saddened by the news. Of course, he seemed to have lived a full long life, and we can continue to enjoy his work on film and television for years to come. He won two Emmys during his five years on The Odd Couple (and not only won over his co-star Randall those times but also over the highly favored Carroll O'Connor on All in Family, quite an accomplishment).

4. greg.shoemaker

greg.shoemaker Active Member

He was one of the outstanding performers in 12 ANGRY MEN. Greg

5. TravisR

TravisR Well-Known Member

Jack Klugman leaves behind a wonderful body of work but my favorites are his 4 episodes of The Twilight Zone.

6. David Norman

David Norman Premium
    Supporter

Oh man, that;s really sad. I remembered him from some of those classic Twilight Zones and grew up watching first run Odd Couple's right on through Quincy. What a run he had for 30 years.
    I just looked at his bio and never had an idea he was on the Pilot episode of I Dream of Jeanie -- oddly enough as a Helicopter Pilot (or at least crewman) who rescues Tony from the Island.

7. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

This is sad.

But he will be remembered for a very long time due to some great performances and a highly memorable state & screen personality.

8. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?

Tony D.
    I always had a soft spot for Jack Klugman.
    He reminds me of my dad and they both look alike a little bit.
    Plus he was from Philly.
    Odd Couple will always be one of my favorite shows.
    Back in the 80's he opened a gourmet popcorn store in the Gallery shopping mall downtown Philly.
    It wasn't open for long, not much of a market down there for gourmet popcorn I guess.

9. joshEH

joshEH Well-Known Member

Josh
    Sad news. I hope he's made his way to that corner of the Twilight Zone where the old people are young again, and spend their time playing Kick-the-Can.
    No doubt God, ever the jokester, showed Klugman to his new apartment in Heaven tonight and opened its door, saying, "This is Tony. He'll be your roommate for the remainder of eternity, Dudda-Dudda-DUNNNNN!! Haha...just kidding, Jack. Why don't you spend some time on the links, hit the buffet table, and then we'll send you back for another spin, so you can finally pick up that Best Supporting Oscar for 12 Angry Men."