What's new

Jack Arnold on TCM on 01/04/13 (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Starting at 7pm (CST) TCM will present CFTBL, Tarantula, Incredible Shrinking Man, and ICFOS. Tarantula is important to me since my DVD is going bad. I have all of these on DVD but the TCM intros usually contain a nugget of wisdom or two.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell
Starting at 7pm (CST) TCM will present CFTBL, Tarantula, Incredible Shrinking Man, and ICFOS. Tarantula is important to me since my DVD is going bad.
I have all of these on DVD but the TCM intros usually contain a nugget of wisdom or two.
I watched mine a few weeks ago and it was OK (though in the wrong aspect ratio, alas. My player has a feature that reframes so it worked out just fine). I've always loved this movie.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
JohnS said:
I have Tarantula on my DVR. Curious to see it. I
I usually hate movies that use an actual animal to represent a giant monster. In this movie, using a real tarantula worked very well. They did Make a mistake, here and there, but the movie works. When you get a good scripts, good actors, good director, good Sfx, that can happen. Tarantula, IMHO, is one of the best monster movies of the 50's.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Richard V said:
Along with THEM and The Black Scorpion
I like both those movies but would probably rank them Them, Tarantula, and BS. Them is first because it's darn good story telling and BS third because it doesn't get me involved like the other two do. SFX wise, I'd rank Tarantula first followed by BS, and Them. The ants in Them have always been a bit cheesy to me. Them's strength is in the overall production values in the move: script, direction, acting. All top-notch. I wonder what it would have been like if Ray Harryhausen had done the ants in Them?

Sky Captain

Second Unit
Real Name
Neville Ross
Johnny Angell said:
Starting at 7pm (CST) TCM will present CFTBL, Tarantula, Incredible Shrinking Man, and ICFOS. Tarantula is important to me since my DVD is going bad. I have all of these on DVD but the TCM intros usually contain a nugget of wisdom or two.
Pardon my asking, but what is CFTBL and ICFOS?

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
A few months ago, I had the good fortune to see Creature from the Black Lagoon in 3D at the Academy Theater. Julie Adams was on hand to reminisce about the film. Great fun :)

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
RobertR said:
A few months ago, I had the good fortune to see Creature from the Black Lagoon in 3D at the Academy Theater. Julie Adams was on hand to reminisce about the film. Great fun :)
I am so jealous. Having CFTBL on 3D blu-ray does not compare to that. Not even close. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks