What's new

J.J. Abrams and Valve Teaming up to Make a movie. Hope it is Half-Life (1 Viewer)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I just read that J.J. Abrams is teaming up with Valve to make a movie based on one of Valve's games. Probably either Half-life or Portal. I know there is a mixed track record of turning a video game into a movie, but I am hopefull Abrams can do it. I loved both Half-Life and Protal but I really hope they make a Half-life movie. With a decent budget, I could really see Half-life being turned into pretty cool movie. Portal would also be interesting, but I think they would have to add a lot of story to make it into a movie. Here is a link to the story: http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/02/portal-or-half-life-movie-on-the-way-jj-abrams-and-gabe-newell-team-up.html

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Scott-S said:
I just read that J.J. Abrams is teaming up with Valve to make a movie based on one of Valve's games. Probably either Half-life or Portal. I know there is a mixed track record of turning a video game into a movie, but I am hopefull Abrams can do it. I loved both Half-Life and Protal but I really hope they make a Half-life movie. With a decent budget, I could really see Half-life being turned into pretty cool movie. Portal would also be interesting, but I think they would have to add a lot of story to make it into a movie. Here is a link to the story: http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/02/portal-or-half-life-movie-on-the-way-jj-abrams-and-gabe-newell-team-up.html
Abrams with a goatee and you have Gordon Freeman!

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I think Half Life could be made into a SERIES of movies, lots of potential there.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Richard, I agree. I think the first Half-life game would make a good standalone movie. Then, if it is successful, there is Half-life 2 and the additional episodes they could draw on. I think Portal 2 would could be made into a movie, but since there is only 1 human character there would have to be a lot of "liberties" taken to make the movie commercial. I guess they could include flashbacks to how Caroline became Glados and even how Chele (or whatever the main characters name is) came to be in the lab. I still think that following the events at Black Mesa would make a better story. Either way, I am really happy they are talking about making this into a reality.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks