What's new

I've rediscovered the new wave of Japanese watches (BIG photos)! (1 Viewer)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I liked my Swiss Army Cavalry watch so much, I bought another when the first one got ran over by the lawn mower:

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member

I'm not exactly sure how it happened. I took off my watch to swim in the pool with my son and I set it on our patio table. Well, I forgot it out there. The next day, I'm mowing the lawn and >BZORP!

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
My watch got run over by the lawnmower, twice, while I was wearing it. After the second time, strangely it hasn't happened again. :D

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i had a summer job working for the town parks department a few years ago, and i was mowing a baseball diamond, and my friend (coworker) yelled to me that i was about to run something over but i didnt hear him, i stopped the mower to see what i had obviously just run over, and he told me it looked like a car alarm. after the mower, it looked like plastic confetti. i'm surprised you could identify the watch at all!

CJ

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member

The parts remained remarkably intact.. at least the ones I could find. I was almost tempted to send it in for repair.. but then I figured, It might be cheaper to buy a new one.

Jim_F

Screenwriter
I swear, members of this site should be paid a commission. Here's my new work watch:

Overstock.com has some interesting watches. I decided I "needed" a traditional watch with a light-colored face, and found this Seiko-made "knock-off" there:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
woot.com has a watch for sale today: Casio Atomic Waveceptor

$69.99 + $5.00 shipping

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Movado Museum Saphire is the most elegant I've ever owned. Don't know how to post a pic though....
Although I am a "task" oriented person now and don't wear a watch, when I need one, I wear a Pulsar Mickey Mouse black face....

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I have a cheapo REI analog watch and then I have a more eleborate Suunto Vector with alitmeter that I use for bushwacking, but it has time and an alarm on it.

As far as mowing watches, your watchband, especially the leather kind probably really absorbs your sweat so the salt content can be attractive to various small animals, porcupines, etc. What you mentioned was probably right, a squirrel or whatever probably got a hold of it, decided it's not a nut and left it in the lawn.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks