What's new

I've got a new dog! (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I don't what WHAT to say the thread has devolved to now...

Oh wait. Yes I do. From "Wild Kingdom" to...

1618-pink-flamingos-poster-large.jpg

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
I don't what WHAT to say the thread has devolved to now...

Oh wait. Yes I do. From "Wild Kingdom" to...

1618-pink-flamingos-poster-large.jpg
Don't think we've devolved to that stage, just discussing basic dog behavior.

That movie on the other hand was disgusting. If you've never seen it, keep it that way, you don't want to view what happens.

Amazing that the 2007 version of "Hairspray" was based on Water's original film. Pink Flamingos you don't want to see, absolute crap, literally.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
My wife has moved to Florida and after our house sells I will too but it looks like every night until then I will see this.

20130515_205513_zps827490ab.jpg

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Greg_S_H said:
Your wife finally had enough of you looking at redhead hussies on the HTF. :laugh:
:laugh:Maybe but it also might be the job she has in Orlando.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
She's been gone since Monday morning. Every night Kally sits there at around 7:30 or so looking for her to come home. That's the time Holly usually gets home from work.Kally and her brother Harry are named for Harry Kalas.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I shared this in another thread on the forum earlier today and realized I had not posted about it here.

As my wife, Peggy, and I continue to mourn the loss of Brooks...we decided to splurge and have the following memorial made up at a local craft shop--you know, the kind that do custom framing and matting.

Some people might think this sort of thing is way over the top...but it makes us smile every time we look at it:

IMG_1269.JPG

And it just spurs us on towards finding another Golden Retriever in need of a good home.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Oh. And I also spent a good chunk of time tonight rebuilding all the images from the early days of this thread.

Most of them were lost (some in other members' posts are still MIA) when we switched over to our new platform.

It was painstaking work as I have so many images of Brooks (and Moses)...but I think I got most of them right.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
That's awesome, Mike. I don't think it's over the top at all. When I was trying to find a way to focus my grief after losing Monty (my current avatar) I picked up a multi photo frame and selected a number of photos, including a scan of a paw print we took on his last day with us. It hangs on the wall at the foot of the stairs.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Sorry to hear about your loss, MIke. And good idea to make a memorial for pets, as I've been meaning to make a little photo album for a cat that I had, more than a decade ago. Yours does look nice!

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
I don't think that it is "over the top". I think that was very good that you did- I like one of your late pictures of Brooks which is your posted picture which I think was very good.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
@Mike. That's excellent. You know he deserved such an honor.

I have a little shrine to my Goldie. A few of the squeezies she loved so much (even knew them by name "present" [like gift with a bow] and "cannycane") to some pictures from 2 rolls I found a few months after I lost her and even a computer game CD-ROM. My old copy of Unreal Tournament. I've told few about this since it's beyond special to me, but when I'd win a game ("YOU HAVE WON THE MATCH!") and would be cheering and happy. Goldie would come over and "bother" me. My thick head finally figured out she wanted to share in my joy. The thought of that still waters my eyes. Special little girl, that one. I wish I could get it together and write a book about her.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Just a brief dog story.

I've got a female (spayed) Black Lab and the guy behind me has a male (neutered) Pit Bull, absolutely the most gentle dog I've ever met.

What's weird is we'll both let our dogs out in the alley between our houses, thinking they'd like to play together. Completely opposite. His dog comes in my yard, mine goes to his, they walk right past each other like strangers on a sidewalk, completely ignoring each other. No sniffing each other or any kind of playtime. It goes on for maybe ten minutes, my dog checks out his yard, the pit bull checks out mine, then they pass each other and head to their homes.

Who knows what doggy psychology is going on, but absolutely no interaction between the two.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's a strategy called "hard to get."

When no one is looking, they probably howl at each other and smell each other in places that would embarrass humans...

Or maybe they're just casing each other's yard for a potential heist later on.

:biggrin:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Another very odd dog story. My black lab, who actually stays really clean, takes care of herself like a cat, but I give her a bath a few times a year.

Painful undertaking, she absolutely hates it and lifting a 70 lb. dog into a tub is not fun. Once there she "tolerates" it but wants out as soon as possible.

Yet just a day or two ago, she just climbs into the bathtub, and stands there waiting for me. It's almost wartime trying to get her in the tub, but she suddenly decides just for the heck of it to climb over the edge and just stare at me. No bath scheduled for a month or two, but so bizarre what their doggy brains sometimes do. I can see why labs are so popular, they are loving, friendly, calm dogs and we are best buddies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks