What's new

iTunes Match and the 25K song limit (1 Viewer)

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
The day iTunes Radio went live I clicked on the buy iTunes Match button and was denied because my library has ~26K songs and iTunes Match has a 25K song limit.

I sent Apple feedback asking them to base iTunes Match on a 25K or fewer song playlist. The playlist could be populated manually or automatically (random or latest or alphabetical or....)
It is absurd that I and others like me should be punished for having bought too many CDs over the years -- for being the music industry's best customers (as well as being Apple's best customers) and not allowed to listen to iTunes Radio without commercials.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Looks like I am *finally* - though not immediately - getting my wish (from Macrumors):

"In a series of responses on Twitter, Eddy Cue has confirmed Apple will be releasing a new seed of iOS 9 to enable Apple Music for users on that version, as well as Apple's plans to increase the current 25,000-track limit for iTunes Match (and thus Apple Music's scan/match/upload service) to 100,000 with the launch of iOS 9."

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
My iTunes Match seems to be a mess. Is there any way to reset it and start over?

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I don't bother with it but my collection is only about 3000 songs which fits comfortably on my 64GB iPhone. No "Match" required.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I've got 32k songs at last check, a lot were free collections from festivals like SxSW

It seemed to be working but errored out a few hundred songs, I need to research why

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
So it seems to be "Uploading to Apple Music Library" right now - presumably after the iTunes 12.3.2 upgrade. I'll see what happens when it's done.

Further good news: Apple has updated the Remote App to support the new AppleTV -- that gives me at east some minimal hope they'll update the Remote App to support Apple Music on iTunes as well. Soonish, please!

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
So overall it went fine (the ones it didn't succeed with were mostly music videos I had created (from EyeTV or cTiVo) or other stuff like podcasts that shouldn't have been in my music library in the first place.

However, it seems to have imported (from my iPhone ??) a bunch of albums that were installed there from my Mac Pro, and of course their original Apple Lossless files were still there. So now I have to delete all of them one by one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks