What's new

iTunes file sharing (1 Viewer)

saline77

Auditioning
Real Name
aline
If two computers share an itunes library located on the first computer is there any way to have the 'shared' music files just remain on the hard disk of the second computer with permanent updates every time the first computer gets new music? They have a wireless Linksys connection.

Eric M Jones

Second Unit
You'd have to setup computer 2 to mount computer 1 via file sharing. Then you can point iTunes on computer 2 to the library on computer 1. Then you have only one library and both computers read all the same files.

I've used this system for a while and it works fairly well. The drawback is having to mount the drive every time you want to access iTunes on computer 2, which means both machines have to be awake (which can be a pain if they're not in the same room together.) Also I've had my library file get corrupted twice in 2 years although I don't know for a fact it was because of library sharing.

-EJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks