1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

iTunes 11 is out

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Ted Todorov, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Having a terrible time with iTunes the last week or so, doing a lot of purchases for my bass blaster experiment. It keeps locking the hell up forcing me to open termina and kill -9 it. Apparently command option escape will also do the same but haven't proven that yet since learning of it. Problem seems wiespread if you google iTunes 11 lockups....

2. Thomas Newton

Thomas Newton Well-Known Member

If you don't care about using iTunes, 1. Do a Finder search by "File Name" with search qualifiers ("Kind" is "Music" "MP3") + whatever else you want to use to narrow the results. 2. Select filenames in the search results. 3. Right-click and do a "Quick Look".

3. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Ah good call! I think I will be using VLC as that allows Shuffle from what I'm told.

4. mtr939

mtr939 New Member

I've experienced a compatibility problem with itunes 11 and my 80Gb ipod classic. My ipod would not sync, I had to factory reset it and it worked again, but that in turn causes another issue in itself. I had bought a few ipod classic games for my ipod, namely Spore, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Phase, but the new Itunes no longer supports these games. It was only after I reset my ipod that I realized this, and there's no way to re-download them because ipod classic games no longer exist in the itunes store. Glad to see them supporting their original breakout consumer base from the portable media boom

5. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    I've had nothing but problems with syncing for the past six months. I don't know if its iTunes 11, iOS 6, or what. But iTunes syncing is broken.

6. Keith Plucker

Keith Plucker Premium
    Supporter

Keith Plucker
  7. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    I'll look into that...but it sounds like it could cause its own mess in resetting all sync data. Ths syncing problem affects both of our different Macs, two different OS X versions, and four different iOS devices.

8. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Well-Known Member