What's new

iTunes 11 is out (1 Viewer)

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Looks nice, but I haven't dared upgrade my main HT Mac yet.
Please post if you encounter anything other should know about!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Sam,

Should we update?
Have read some reports that say they don't like the new layout.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I did. Don't expect magic but it's better in most ways for me, but the changes are subtle.
You know internet posters tho ron, most of em hate everything, especially change =)

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I immediately added the sidebar back in the view options. That has made it much better for me. Other than that, it's not that bad.
It did take me a few minutes to find my itunes store $ balance though.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I was hoping adding the sidebar back in would restore the album art box that used to be in the bottom left corner. I'l trying to figure a really painless way to add artwork to CDs I import. I used to just have to drag the artwork into that box....

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
EricSchulz said:
I was hoping adding the sidebar back in would restore the album art box that used to be in the bottom left corner.  I'l trying to figure a really painless way to add artwork to CDs I import.  I used to just have to drag the artwork into that box....
You used to be able to select all the songs in a given CD, do a Get Info, and then drag your artwork into that Info window. It look like that still works under the new release.
David

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I don't miss Coverflow (never used it and I have so many that it often slowed down all of my devices).
I don't mind being able to make the sidebar appear/disappear
But I do want my album art in the bottom of the sidebar back.
Otherwise largely cosmetic changes which I'm okay with. Some I like, most I'm ambivalent about. But other than the album art being gone from the sidebar, nothing to really write home about. Of course I use iTunes to manage and rip my thousands of CDs and have bought less than a dozen songs from iTunes...ever...so I'm not the target audience with this release.

DVDvision

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I publish CDs, and always when I do the test pressing, submit all the details to cddb via iTunes. It works great. I often correct spelling errors from other people submissions also. There are tons of them.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm not a fan. I used to have it where I had first album's art on the left next to the track list, then a divider, then the next album's art on the left next to the track list, etc. Song view is close, but there's no art and no divider so it just looks like a big mess.
Also not cool at all? If you update your apps on your phone and then plug in and sync, it doesn't update your apps on the computer. You have to manually do that. How lame is that.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm not a fan. The previous version was unorganized and a mess, but I'd spent five years adapting to it. This new version changes the organization but remains inscrutable. It has three sections of state-changing buttons, that work nothing like any other app from apple. It forces great UI change on me, with the need to learn it, without apparent benefit. iTunes doesn't work better, just differently. This is their "Ribbon" change to me.
And I've found that wifi syncing is getting worse and worse. iTunes fails to see my iPhone and iPad , so they don't sync properly when charging.
I'm seeing the accretion of minor annoyances that pushed me from Windows does to Apple now piling against Apple. The "it just works" factor is decreasing and it's becoming "it's just lockin"
And this weekend I will once again fight to understand how to get video shot on my iPhone to my iPad for use in iMovie. Because for all iCloud and home-video marketing ads, this simple task is unsupported by Apple.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks