What's new

It's that time of the year....for Billy Idol's X'mas CD (1 Viewer)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
In the tradition of Nat "King" Cole and Bing Crosby....

Tracks include all of you holiday favorites....
Frosty the Snowman
Silver Bells
Happy Holidays
Merry Christmas Baby
White Christmas
Here Comes Santa Claus
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
Santa Claus Is Back In Town
Let It Snow
Winter Wonderland
Run Rudolph Run
Blue Christmas
Jingle Bell Rock
Christmas Love
Oh Christmas Tree
Silent Night
Auld Lang Syne

Check it out on Billy's official website. Hmmmm....I wonder if "White Christmas" will be done in a style like "White Wedding"??

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
Hey, I would like to hear this but I don't have a clue what he thinks he is doing.

Chris

Buzz Foster

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve

How ironic...I picked up Twisted Sister's CD yesterday, and lo andd behold, IT IS A LOT OF FUN! No, really! But the big irony in those two statements is that Sister sings "O Come All Ye Faithful" to the tune and rythym of "We're not Gonna Take it", and it actually works.

Twisted Christmas is a MUST BUY for the holiday season.

Brian Little

Stunt Coordinator
I was just about to make a joke abou the Twisted Sister Christmas album too.... then again, I'm assuming every song on it has to sound like "We're Not Gonna Take It." ;)

Buzz Foster

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Brian, I am pretty sure that every song on there is the traditinal lyrics, except for "Heavy Metal Christmas", which is a semi-spoof of "The 12 Days of Christmas". To be sure, none of the songs on this album have had such bitchin' guitar solos before!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

The grammar of the last paragraph has been left intact...part of its charm. ;)

Greg: I laughed out loud at your lyrics to "Rebel Yell". :laugh:

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
"I don't know that, but I would like to point out that I don't work on commission, so please feel free to ask me for anything else with which I may or may not be able to help."

I received the CD as a semi-gag birthday gift from my brother. It's amusing because it's Billy Idol doing something so square, straight, and earnest, but production-wise, it sounds like a collection of carefully recorded demos. The only outright disaster is his take on "Merry Christmas, Baby" which for some reason uses an arrangement that just sucks all of the blues right out of the song and turns it into something tepid. That was actually one of the songs I thought he would have an easier time fitting into his established style.

Regards,

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
As soon as Merry Christmas, Baby started...I clicked the "next track" button! :D

Bring on the great Charles Brown...and accept no substitutes! ;)

A quick "Merry Christmas, Baby" story. I am forever playing Christmas music in my car around the holidays. When my daughter was young (maybe 5 or 6 years old), one day we were driving around and I found her singing along to the music--a not-unusual circumstance. But it did sound strange when I realized that coming out of her little voice was the lyric: "But I'm all lit up...like a Christmas tree."! :D Classic. :emoji_thumbsup:

Patrick.C

Second Unit
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Billy Idol's rendition of Jingle Bell Rock:

And for you Twisted Sister fans out there, the video for We're Not Gonna...er, I mean Oh Come All Ye Faithful:

Personally, I think they should have had Neidermeyer dress up like Santa Claus - "Is that a Twis-ted SIS-TER ornament on your Christmas TREE?!"

My keyboard and monitor will forever have coffee in all kinds of strange nooks and crannies thanks to that Billy Idol video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks