What's new

IT'S HERE! Heroes First unboxing! (1 Viewer)

Shane_Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
Any reviews yet??
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I really doubt I will be able to get through enough of it to get the review done by Sunday, which is still 3 days before street =p

Unofficial gut feeling score wise, the video is 4ish, the audio is 3.5ish the content is 4ish and the extras are at least a 4. It's well worth the purchase for sure.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I'm still waiting for Chase to send me my damn $25 Amazon gift certificate. Once I combine the 10% HD discount, the 5% TV Guide discount, and the gift certificate, this becomes as affordable as the SD DVD couterpart and very blind-buy-able.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'll be reviewing the SD version of HEROES, and it will be on the TV site, so I think the suggestion above for the HD-DVD review to go in this forum is a smart one.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Although cross-referencing the reviews wouldn't be a bad idea either - have each review include a link to the other HTF reviews of the same show/movie in another format.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
So, did Universal do 1080p and lossless audio? Most of the Blu-ray TV sets out are PCM... so far. Except for perhaps Smallville, because it's from WB and I don't know what the hell these guys think sometimes. If it had been from their HBO arm it might have been PCM as was the Sopranos.

Dan

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Features:
73-Minute Premiere Episode with Audio Commentary by Show Creator Tim Kring
50 Deleted Scenes
The Making Of Heroes
The Special Effects
The Stunts
Profile of Artist Tim Sale
The Score
Minder Reader Game
U-Control: Character Connections - Follow your favorite heroes with the interactive Character Connections, Helix Revealed - Find the hidden helix symbol embedded throughout the series, Picture In Picture - Immerse yourself in the cast and crew video commentaries from the set of Heroes, Artwork Presentation - View the details of Isaac's paintings and comics as you watch the episodes, Web-Enabled - Get connected and sign up now to download exclusive content, trailers and updates directly to your HD DVD player, Genetic Abilities Test - Take the Abilities Test and your profile will be uploaded to NBC.com/Heroes.Video:
Widescreen 1.78:1 ColorScreen Resolution:
1080pAudio:
ENGLISH: DD-Plus 5.1 [CC]
Subtitles:
French

Ryan-G

Supporting Actor
Got my copy today, disc two was loose when it arrived. Inspection reveals no obvious damage to the disc, but my 360 add-on refuses to play the disc. Starts loading then drops back to the dashboard :frowning:

Ryan-G

Supporting Actor
Got a replacement copy today, Disc 2 will not play in the 360 addon. I'm guessing there's replication problems or something similiar.

Averry

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew
That happened to My friend on Bioshock, Everything was super laggy, and would freeze.

The memory clear worked out for him.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

Hey. There's my thread! :D I'm actually having some hiccups with my HD-XA2 as well. Those either don't seem to be as commonplace or the HD-XA2 isn't commonplace. Anyway, I tried disconnecting the power supply to the unit last night for a couple minutes, perhaps that will help with future viewings.

Does anyone here know what Initialize will do after you've applied a firmware update? Any chance that could help with freezes and lockups? Oddly enough, my HD-A2 played through the last issue I had better than my HD-XA2. Go figure.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I think initialize resets all the settings to what they were when it came out of the box. Which disc/episode are you having problems with? I'll try it in my XA2.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Adam, I experienced a problem with Disc 2 tonight using my HD-XA2. About 25 minutes into the fifth episode 'Hiros' the picture froze, but the time counter on the player kept going. It was the weirdest thing. It was repeatable. When I took the disc downstairs and replayed the same scene on my new HD-A2, I did not have an issue.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I had a slight problem with disc 2 also. It was at the moment that
Peter absorbs Issacs power and starts to paint
It froze for a second then kind of stuttered a bit losing synch.
I reversed and was able to play it thru a second time with just a bit of stutter of a second or two but no loss of synch in the soundtrack.
I thought it might have to do with a layer change, but when I checked the disc later, it looked like there was a very small scratch near the outer rim. Don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.
Disc three also froze for a split second in the third episode, but it didn't stutter and there was no synch loss.

so far those have been the only problems I've had with it.
Still have 4 discs to go though.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
I finally got disc 1 to play on my HTPC using PowerDVD Ultra. I just had to install the latest version of AnyDVD HD. Watched the unaired Pilot last night and hope to watch more of the disc today. Hopefully the rest of the discs won't cause any more problems. Whew :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks