What's new

It's Garry Shandlings Show? (1 Viewer)

Tanner

Stunt Coordinator
Will we ever see It's Garry Shandlings Show on DVD? Definately one of my all time favorites.

JasonPW

Stunt Coordinator
I would buy that! Of course, I would also buy season two of "Larry Sanders" were it on the market...:angry:

NeilK

Stunt Coordinator
In the case of the larry sanders show as well as a few other notable television programs which have made their way onto the dvd format, it is rather dissapointing when they release a season or two and then neglect the rest of the series (six feet under). These seasons are quite pricey (including sanders) and seem as an unwise investment if the distributors were to not follow up with the rest of the series. Having spent over nearly one hundred dollars on six feet under, i'm still anxiously waiting for at least an acknowledgment on the part of HBO, who are usually very impressive with respects to distributing their shows on DVD, albeit their high price tags (at least Curb was easily affordable).

JasonPW

Stunt Coordinator
I couldn't agree with you more.

As happy as I am to have complete season one of Sanders, if I knew there was only going to be one release of this series, I'd have preferred a "Best-Of" containing firsts, lasts, bests. Same with "Mary Tyler Moore." If the series isn't going to be released to completion, I'd rather get a best-of than invest in a full season one set, only to be skunked.

It's strange, because this goes entirely against my usual way of thinking--I'm the first to complain when we get "best-ofs" instead of complete seasons. But first seasons of shows are sometimes not the best seasons...the writing isn't there, the performances are a little off.

On the whole, TV-to-DVD-mania has been a fantastic boon to old-TV fans and those who want to own current series...so the occassional aborted series is a small price to pay. But man is it irritating!

Doc

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Garry Shadling's Show was HYSTERICAL!!! and add Tracey Ullman to the list of DVD "oughta-be's"

NeilK

Stunt Coordinator
at least six feet under and curb seasons 2 have been announced. Remember when Malcolm in the Middle S1 came out; seems as though Fox doesn't.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Alright!!!!! This show has been on my wish list with some other shows for quite a while! Can't wait til this is released!

If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and look for clips or episodes on the net. This is great, laugh out loud, fun tv.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Never even heard of this but I love The Larry Sanders Show--at least what Garry Shandling will allow them to release of it. :rolleyes

It sounds pretty good, it might be worth looking into.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I loved this show and its offbeat style. BUT i seriously doubt this will ever see the light of day since Larry Sanders apparently did so badly. If Garry's highest profile series didn't sell then I doubt that his more obscure Showtime series would do well. It's not even being shown in syndie as far as I know. That irks me!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
It's also a complete series set. First Ally McBeal and now this...are there changes in the market coming?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks