What's new

IT's Back: HSU Pre-Order Savings! Up to $250! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Marcks

Stunt Coordinator
Good evening Robb,

You cannot be serious. AlanZ has come as close as one can to "harrassing" me during my relatively short time here at this forum. It is one thing to express an opinion, but to target one individual with negativity over and over again is a different story altogether.

Peter Marcks

Stunt Coordinator
How fast was that, Alan!

I have no agenda other than to spread qualities of truth, virtue, honesty, integrity, faith, and respect. If anyone else feels otherwise, then by all means let's discuss in private.

These are all qualities that everyone at Hsu Research values. Dr. Hsu in particular exemplifies these qualities as much as anyone that I know.

On the other hand, Alan, the more mud you sling the more apparent it becomes that you clearly have an axe to grind. That type of behavior of attacking a person repeatedly on a personal level on the forum is unacceptable in my opinion.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Peter,

There is a big difference between expressing an opinion and making an allegation (an unsubstantiated assertion of fact). I'll give you some examples:

I like hops. That's an opinion.

I think tube subwoofers are ugly. That's another opinion.

Boxes inherently introduce less distortion than cylinders. That's not an opinion and you need to back that up.

I don't like the president. That's an opinion.

Edit: the example originally in this line was over the top, insensitive, and uncalled for. -Robb

Saying someone could save up to $250 when it's really more like $150 is dishonest advertising. That's an opinion when, in fact, it is feasible, though unlikely, someone could save $250.

If you're going to wrap yourself so completely in the free speech flag that anything goes, you certainly have no right going to the mods with Alan's statements. Let's suppose Alan's statements about you are false. What makes you so special that forum moderators should delete any posts or lock any threads when you refuse to do the same thing on the forum you moderate?

It's an old saying, but shouting fire in a crowded theater is not free speech. You should think carefully about it.

-Robb

Peter Marcks

Stunt Coordinator
Gentlemen, I am going to listen to some music now. Let us all try to to build people up rather than break them down, and try to educate people instead of ridicule them.

Sincerely,

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Ridicule. That's an interesting word. I believe it means to "make fun" of someone. Arthur made fun of Jimi C, and I made fun of Arthur in turn. It was all in good "fun". The post at your forum is not in "fun". It asserts, without evidence, illicit behavior on the part of your competition. Heck, it might even seem to "break them down". Keeping people in the dark about what they lied about, what they stole, and who they bullied (and how) doesn't seem like you want to "educate" anyone. It strikes me that "faith" (in your forum members) is the only quality you mentioned covered by that action (or lack of action).

I'm a huge fan of free speech. Express all the opinions you want. Theorize all you want. Philosophize all you want. Make an assertion of fact, and you need to back it up.

If anyone can say any thing (even on behalf of anonymous others) on your forum and have it be just an "opinion" protected by free speech, then your forum is NOT moderated.

-Robb

mackie

Supporting Actor
Post edited by Gregg Loewen

No opinion on the discussion, but statements like that are uncalled for even if you're just trying to make a point.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Mackie,

You're 100% right, and that IS the point. Someone would need to back that up -- just like *any* accusation of illicit behavior.

-Robb

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
For the record: my example to prove a point was over the top. I apologize to anyone who might have been offended. The point stands, but my example was uncalled for.

-Robb

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Peter: If you go back and read through the post where I first took issue with you, it had very little to do with me. As I said above, I felt that you were using both this forum and those who post here as leverage. It has nothing to do with slinging mud at anyone. Perhaps there are those who just assume I not stand up for them, and that's fine. But I know that there are many others who WERE in fact insulted and offended that you would take advantage of the well-intentioned people who utilize this forum STRICTLY for the enjoyment of audio and home theater. I count myself among them, and when someone blatantly takes such a position as to promote their own agenda, I call them out.

To have this forum is a privilidge. There is absolutely NO monetary motive for the majority of us who take part in these discussions. We do it to share in a sense of community, to learn more about this great hobby, and to help those who are just starting out to get started in it. You, however, DO have an ability to effect monetary gain, thus it is YOUR responsibility to not abuse that position. You have failed in this regard. You have disrepsected those who post here, in addition to those who OWN this forum, IMO. Outside of one of the owners of the forum telling me that I'm out of line in what I'm saying, the only thing that will prevent me from countering you will be an apology. Not an apology to me, but to all the people who post on this forum, whose trust and good faith you have betrayed and offended.

Enjoy your music.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Ok that is the end of this thread. Both SVS and HSU make great products and even have great customer service to back it up. The bottom line of this thread is that HSU has pre-order pricing discounts so if you are interested stop by and check them out.

With that I am going to close this thread because nothing else needs to be said.

Parker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks