What's new

IT's Back: HSU Pre-Order Savings! Up to $250! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Jack,

That's an assumption on my part. At CES the Hsu exhibit had speakers named Acoustech that Dr. Hsu told me were their latest design (he didn't say *he* necessarily designed them, but it was clear Hsu Research was associated with the speakers). The ones on display, but not hooked up to the demo system, looked exactly like the ones at http://www.acoustechspeakers.com/. I don't see the bookshelves that were in the demo room on that site, but they looked just like the ones on display in the other room (just smaller). I could be completely wrong.

-Robb

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George

Jongyoon, if you were serious when you said this, then you'll be missing out on two great product lines. Both SVS and HSU offer tremendous value for the money in their subs. I'm on my second SVS and two buddies of mine have HSU subs and I think they're all terrific.

Don't worry about the people who own the products, just try them out for yourself and you'll be very happy you did. :emoji_thumbsup:

Peter Marcks

Stunt Coordinator
Dear Robb,

When I originally posted in this thread some time ago, I just knew that someone would quote this :)

At the Hsu Research forum, free speech is always welcome. We are never going to stifle free speech. What is NOT allowed is for one forum member to attack or verbally abuse another forum member. Come to our forum, try to attack another member, and I will prove to you that we have a well moderated forum.

As long as people are expressing an opinion, they are free to do so on the Hsu Research forum. But we will simply not allow heated personal arguments between members to disrupt the friendly and supportive atmosphere at the forum.

We just had some people criticize us on our forum for the way that we handled pre-orders. Did we delete or moderate those posts? No. We just had someone who started a post about purchasing a competitor's subwoofer because the delays and wait were getting too much. Did we delete or moderate that post? No.

My goal on our Hsu Research forum is to be able to let things run without any real need for strict moderation. As long as the forum members have some respect for each other and respect for each other's opinions, then things should run fine. I have not noticed any major arguments or heated debates arise for a long long time now on our forum. Rather, the atmosphere has generally become very friendly and supportive from a group of kind and generous forum members who all have a strong passion and love for audio.

Sincerely,

Peter Marcks

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Alan

I am not pleased to see this verbal attack from you on my character. This is not the first time from you either.

Arthur and I have never, ever spoken before in public or private. I can see why he and others would be excited, since it has been so many years since we introduced a brand new subwoofer design, and since there is a substantial discount to be had during pre-order stage. Perhaps it would be better to just add to one existing thread on the topic rather than start a new one, but I certainly appreciate Arthur's enthusiasm about the product and sincere desire to spread word about what he feels to be a good deal that will only last for a very limited time.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Peter: You made your own bed several months ago. My referring to you as an opportunist is an objective assessment, as far as I'm concerned. I'm not alone in that opinion, either.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Peter,

There are some subtleties in your logic I need to get my brain around. Notice the quote said "people at svs". So defamatory allegations of breaking the law (the poster also used the word "thieves") is OK so long as they are not registered members of your forum? Would that make someone's mother fair game? Or is it just acceptable if the target is your competition?

You are a company representative, just like the "people" referenced in the post at your forum, so if it is attacks on a company's ethics and/or legal practices that are OK, then Alan's comments are mild compared to the ones at your forum. Based on your logic (I’m feeling gracious) you need to chalk it up to "free speech".

-Robb

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Robb

I am considering your last post to me. I would ask you to consider adding a statement to your signature that you do consulting work for SVS.

We can talk about before CES.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Arthur,

I have considered it, but it really doesn't make sense. It's certainly not a secret. I have consulted for lots of companies, and I'm not about to list them all in my signature block. In fact, the NDAs tell me I can't list them. The reason my consulting to SVS is not a secret on the forums is because SVS and I both felt we shouldn't hide it. The nature of the consulting is purely systems related, so it has nothing to do with the product.

And what would I be doing to my consulting work? What if someone might want me to do some work with them, but they see that in my signature? They might think I'm not for hire, or only do audio. Or worse, divulge the work to others.

If I put in my signature block that I have done some consulting work for SVS, it would imply I'm paid to represent SVS on the forums. I'm not. It would also imply I know more than I do about them. Ask me what kind of discount you could get as a repeat customer and I'll tell you I don't know. Do you know why I don't know? It's because I don't work for SVS. If I recommend a bank to you it's because I have had good experiences with the bank, not because I may have consulted for one. Same goes with cigars. Computers. Programming languages. Coffee shops. Non-profits. The list goes on.

My real, full-time job has nothing to with consulting, and nothing to do with SVS. I was into audio long before my current line of work, much less my consulting. I was also a fan of SVS' products and services long before I ever did any work for them.

If SVS wants to offer me an interesting job for the right amount of money, I might take it. THEN I would put something indicating SVS representation in my signature block. And find out the repeat customer discount amount.

-Robb

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Quite right, Alan. When I recommend a beer, it's based on taste. Fair warning: I'm a serious "hop head". Oh, and I've brewed my own. None that I'd recommend, though.

-Robb

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
PS

If I DID work for SVS, I would never dream of entering this forum over anyone's behavior. The only way I'd post in a thread like this was if SVS was brought up and some clarification was needed or a question answered. In fact, I wouldn't post on any HT forums except in that capacity.

-Robb

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I've asked why I was singled out in your first post for "flaming". Have I "thread-crapped" any of your other numerous sale threads? The only reason I interacted with you in the first place is to answer this question you posted questioning my estimate of numbers of IB drivers to match an SVS B4. You just couldn't believe it would take that much to match a B4, and I tried to explain the difference between vented and sealed...even posted a nice link for you:

http://hometheaterforum.com/htforum/...58#post2928558

You then posted the same question at AVS, and again my point was explained to you by others to try and clear up your confusion about vented/sealed:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=641837

At that point, I found it very funny that a guy who's giving so much subwoofer advice would be so clueless as to the basic operation/theory of such (another good one) . You then posted how you can "take the heat", and here's where I left it:

So, what are you afraid of? Are those the "flames" you refer to? What don't you want people to know that you're trying to head off my posting? Why bring my name into it?

FWIW, I've owned Hsu products and loved them, 1220HO and 500w amp combo. Recommended them quite a lot, in fact. Which have you had?

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
i'm a hop head too...any recommendations? this thread needs a diversion to get back on track...

seriously, i am in the sub market and have narrowed it down to DT Supercubes, SVS PB12 ultra/2? and maybe the HSU's because the discount has me intrigued....but the shipping problems they are having is making me a little wary... is there any reason not to add Axioms 600 watt sub to my list?

the DTs are a longshot simply because I would prefer to shop at a dealer that supports this forum.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Come on, Jack....you know you're just a lowly thread crapper LMAO

You guys ever heard of Yuengling beer? It's the oldest domestic brewery...based in my home state of Pennsylvania. A nice cold one off the tap with a good hot sandwich? Yummmmmmm......

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Dan,

-Arrogant B@st@rd Ale
-Hop Rod Rye
-Double Daddy IPA
-Majarajan
-Racer 5
-Stone's IPA
-Hazed and Infused
-21st Amendment (you'll have to go to the brewery in SF, though)
-60, 90 or 120 minute IPA (OK, I've never had the 120, but based on my experience with the 60 and 90 minute IPAs, it should be fantastic!)

As to the sub question, I think it would be best to start a different thread. The only thing I would say is that if you go with the Hsu you can get it with the Turbo for about $100 off (the discount of $250 in the title assumes you buy the sub and turbo separately) plus free shipping.

-Robb

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member

Of course! I'm a Guinness man myself, but I'll sometimes have a Yuengling as the beverage alongside the Guinness "meal". ;)

Peter Marcks

Stunt Coordinator
Good day Alan,

Please be careful when attacking my character on a personal level. You did it yet again in your post above, and you have done so several times in the past. Do not force me to dig it up for you, and for the moderators at this good forum. :)

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Peter: Feel free to dig up anything you desire. I'm quite certain you'll only end up exposing yourself as exactly what I've been calling you. If Hsu is comfortable with the way you represent yourself on this forum - particularly in the thread we are both referring to - then I say go for it. I think it's a complete and utter disgrace to use this forum - and particularly the people who post here - as leverage for your deceitful business practices. That's my objective opinion of you, sir....and I stand by it. I post here in good faith. I recommend products on good faith. I'm afraid the same can't be said of you. You clearly have an agenda, and your comments typically invlove an ulterior motive. I have no respect for someone who abuses this forum and the people who post here, such as you have.

Good day to you, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks