What's new

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (Season 7) (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
And the Waitress looked beautiful under, shall we say, less than desirable conditions.
Are you referring to her being on ecstasy, or that she looks like she is (in real life) pregnant? If so, congrats Charlie (real life).

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
WillG said:
Are you referring to her being on ecstasy, or that she looks like she is (in real life) pregnant? If so, congrats Charlie (real life).
The ecstasy. I didn't pick up on the pregnancy, but a quick Google search informs me that you're absolutely right. Mary Elizabeth Ellis and Charlie Day are expecting their first child in December.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
A couple very funny moments, but overall, a pretty weak episode I thought.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I liked the way Dennis said it... "children's beauty-pageants are an American tradition, but not a proud one!"

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Oh shit....this could be epic:
"Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games" What's The Gang to do on a rainy day, but play the most twisted (and self-made) board game ever. Dee and Dennis square off against Mac, Charlie and Frank in this battle of wits, wild cards, and wine.
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7u8hbd6sOA/VIDEO] "You have to eat the INGREDIENTS of a cake."

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Q: "Dennis is asshole. Why Charlie hate?" A: "Because Dennis is a bastard-man." Frank The Rules-Lawyer was some great payoff, despite his team still losing the game. (Also, was anyone else hoping for an intra-gang "Flip-a-Delphia" deathmatch at the very end?)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by joshEH

This is rapidly turning into my favorite season of the show, with the "Shadynasty" episode the only real dud. If DirectTV removes the channels mid-season, I will be quite pissed.

I'm a Directv subscriber and I have to admit watching this last night was the first I'd heard about this contract squabble. It was actually kind of funny seeing scrolling text of the network version of it right on top of Directv's version. If it happens, I have to say this will be one time I think it would be completely acceptable to download a show by any means necessary.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Looks like Fox and DirectTV have ironed out their differences. Also, rewatching this one the other night, I loved all of the little asides the gang used in place of profanity. At one point I heard Dennis yell in anger, "Bedsheets! Sheets on a bed!!" I must play "Chardee MacDennis," stat. My favorite bit has to be the classy wine and cheese, followed by the death metal war-dance before each new level.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
This week was less consistently-hilarious than "Chardee MacDennis," but I enjoyed it a lot. The old woman who collects hair killed me, but the expressions Mac and Dennis had at the end really put this episode over the top for me. I fear for V-Neck, Tall Mac, and Wider Dee. (I'm not sure if V-Neck's group were actually supposed to be counterparts to Dennis, Mac, and Dee, but I feel it's possible. I guess it's more likely, however, that there are just a lot of chubby guys with facial hair and skinny blonde women in the U.S.)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Originally Posted by joshEH

(I'm not sure if V-Neck's group were actually supposed to be counterparts to Dennis, Mac, and Dee, but I feel it's possible. I guess it's more likely, however, that there are just a lot of chubby guys with facial hair and skinny blonde women in the U.S.)

I was wondering the same thing, as it somehow reminded me of the Bizarro Jerry episode of Seinfeld.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Do you guys think The Gang will eventually be responsible for somebody's death? I think the show, if it wants to keep topping itself, is going to come to that point eventually. In the season premiere, they already ditched a body in a hallway without any ceremony**, Frank left that dog-hole in Cricket's throat, and -- let's face it, guys -- the Shusher was probably locked in the Y2K bunker without food or water. Then again, who knows. After all, they've pretty much manage to fuck up every other plan they've ever come up with. **except for Frank's eulogy of, "You were a good whore!"

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
"Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games" was written by Charlie Day & Rob McElhenney and "The Anti-Social Network" was written by Charlie Day & Glenn Howerton. It's nice to see the core guys writing more episodes again.
joshEH said:
In the season premiere, they already ditched a body in a hallway without any ceremony**
To be fair, they called the cops afterward. That takes class.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Instant classic. I was laughing out loud pretty much from beginning to end. The finale scene, culminating in the fate of the vase, was just pure gold.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I couldn't get enough of Charlie constantly annoying Mac about getting some chips, as everyone is trying to figure out a plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks