What's new

ISF Video Cals: New England, Southern States, Gulf Coast, FL, LA/SanDiego, N East (1 Viewer)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Time for yet another travel thread! I leave for New England / New York / NY / Philly on Sunday and will be returning in November / December to these areas.

Please remember that I service New England monthly and do a 2xs annual visit to Maritime Canada (Christmas and August).

Late October will put me in Florida and I will return there again in February.

November:
Last year I did the North East in December and ran into some bad weather. Hopefully by doing these states in November I will beat winter (but never bet on the weather). NE states include: CT,NY,OH,WI,MI,IL,MN,MO,IN, etc. Please send me an email if you are near any of these areas and I will do my best to accommodate you. I will be repeating this run in April.

December (done by December 16th):
Southern trip including the gulf coast from Austin TX, to Pensacola FL: NC SC, GA, TN, AL, MS, TX, LA, etc. I could very easy drive back through KY, IN, OH, NY on the way so if you live in these areas please send me an inquiry.

January will put me back in Vegas, San Francisco, and LA / San Diego areas.

February will be me back in Florida.

March will repeat the cycle all over again ( I hope so anyways). This time I will do the Southern states first, then the North Eastern states in April.

If you don’t see your area listed please email me and I will assist you in finding a qualified setup / ISF tech in your area.

Feel free to email [email protected] for more info or simply post the question in this thread.

Regards,

Gregg
www.lionav.com

Regular service includes: MA, ME, VT, CT, NH, and RI
Regular trips to Detroit and Minneapolis via stopovers on NWA
Regular trips to Maritime Canada - twice annually December and August
Florida, tip to tip: December 2004, February 2005
NJ NYC PA November 2004
Upstate New York and PA December 2004
San Diego and Los Angeles, January 2005, and as needed if earlier (email me)
Las Vegas, January 2005
Minneapolis and area, Including Wisconsin Nov 2004
Detroit, Nov 2004
Chicago, Nov 2004
Ohio, Nov 2004
San Francisco, Jan 2005

North Eastern States including NH PA OH MO MN WI MI IL
St Louis MO and areas (MID WEST TOUR), including OHIO and Indianapolis November 2004.

South Eastern States including: Atlanta GA, Tennessee, North and South Carolinas, Alabama, Mississippi, Late Nov – Early December 2004

Please email me if your area is not listed and I will accommodate you. [email protected]

Please also remember that affiliated calibrators of LionAV service the following areas:

Washington DC area, Chuck Williams
Dallas, Steve Martin
Phoenix AZ, Michael Hamilton
Calgary, Edmonton, Western Canada and Toronto, Michael Chen

Please feel free to ask: Michael TLV, Michael Hamilton, Chuck Williams, or Steve Martin any questions you may have of them...you can link via www.lionav.com to an ask a question form.

Thanks for looking

Gregg Loewen
H 207 778 5417
C 201 232 3380

Jay Foster

Stunt Coordinator
Greg,

You calibrated my tv this past summer. I need a tune up. How much is it? My focus panel went out on my Hitachi which meant people looked as if they had sunburns and the picture became very dark. This is the 3rd one in a row to do it. I now know how to adjust it as the Sears repairman showed me how to do it but I can't get the levels correct. You had brightness at 50% on my tv. Now, I've cut it down to about 20% to try and make it look right.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
argh!

Sorry to hear that Jay.

Touch ups are 225 plus 50 travel (if not in New England).

I "should" be in north Florida in December. Will that work for you?

Feel free to call me if you want to discuss or have any questions

regards
gregg
201 232 3380

Jay Foster

Stunt Coordinator
Gregg,

That is good for me. I'm about 2.5 hours from Pensacola. If you need my info again, let me know and I'll give you a call.

Daniel Mai

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Gregg,

Ever calibrate a Sony plasma? I have a KDE 50XS955. A few questions if you don't mind:

1. How much time do I need to put on it before the calibration?

2. In the past, I know that an HD generator was use to calibrate inputs(??). Now most/all plasma has built in tuners so how will that be calibrated?

3. Can you calibrate HDMI or DVI inputs?

4. How long does the calibration take?

Thanks,
Daniel

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi Daniel

Yes I have done Sony plasma panels

figure 100 hours prior to calibration

On your unit the HD is the same via component or ATSC input

If the set does have an independent calibration for ATSC, then I can feed the set a signal via an ATSC output on a HD signal generator (Sencore Vp403B)

Of course you can calibrate HDMI and DVI

A calibration takes 1-3 hours on a panel which depends on what you want done and how much interaction the client wants.

Regards

Gregg Loewen

Jay Foster

Stunt Coordinator
Gregg,

I forgot to ask: does it matter that the focus panel is not quite adjusted right? Between myself and the Sears repairman, we adjusted it as good as we could but as a I said, I have brightness at 15% now. He did say he was ordering a new focus panel for me.

Richard_B

Stunt Coordinator
Gregg,

I am in the Southern California area and I see you will be near me around January.

I have a 34" HD JVC the 1500i model, have you ever done one of these sets? About how much does calibration on a regular style TV like mine cost? I use the DVI and Component inputs on my TV.

I also have a friend with a Mitsubishi Diamond who may want his calibrated. It's the WS-55813 55" set. What is the price breakdown for this set? I remember he ws looking into this a while back and he was saying there was all kinds of things that can be done to his set which had many price points.

Thanks

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi All!

Jay, the focus block will effect the colors so that must be replaced prior to the calibration.

Richard,
I charge $50 per person as a travel fee for all work out of new england. A HD tube set is $275 with includes up to 3 inputs / scan rates.
I just did another 55813 set today. They look awesome when tweeked out. A video setup and ISF calibration of the DVD scan rate is $400, add 150 for the HD scan rate (including HD specific convergence) and 150 again for purely optional duvetyne cloth lining.
Feel free to email or to call with any questions.

regards

gregg loewen
[email protected]
201 232 3380

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Gregg, I'm thinking of getting the Sony KDF-55XS955. Do you think by the time you swing around to NJ again in April that would put enough time in the TV for a calibration? Thanks, and have a good holiday.

Have you calibrated these sets yet? How do they look? I'm torn between the KDF-55WF655 and the KDF-55XS955. If you've calibrated both, in your opinion which looks better? Thanks.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi

It is basically the same set with no difference in PQ.

No problem with getting to NJ in April. To book, complete the booking form at www.lionav.com and use paypal interface to send the $50 travel fee.

Regards
Gregg

matt-f

Second Unit
Gregg,

I'm WA and have the Hitachi 57TWX20B. My question is have you calibrated one of these if you did, what are your experiences? Also how much would it cost for calibration if it were to be done (est. $400)?

Probably won't be any time soon since this set hasn't been broken in yet since being purchased two years ago.

matt

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi Matt

Hitachi is my # 1 brand of RPTVs for calibration.

I do not service WA, please email Michael Chen at [email protected] . Figure about 500 for a complete service from Michael.

Regards

Gregg

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Gregg,

I finally got a TV, but I got the 42WE655. How much would a calibration be for DVD plus TV? I'm located in NJ. Thanks. How far in advance do you need appts made?

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi Kyle

Plasmas, LCDs, DLP, and LCD front and rear projectors are $50 travel and $400 for the calibration of up to 3 inputs / scan rates.

Direct view Non HD tubes are $225
Direct view HD tubes are $275
CRT RPTVs are 400 for a setup and ISF calibration for DVD, than add 150 for HD calibration, optional is a duvetyne cloth lining for 150 again (material and labor).

Feel free to email or to call with any questions or concerns,

Regards

Gregg Loewen
201 232 3380

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I was just talking to a co-worker of mine and he has last year's Sony LCD same as mine. He is also interested and lives within 30 mins of me. So you may have two appointments. I'll spread the word of your co. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks