What's new

ISF Video Cals: New England, South Cali, Florida, Chicago, OH, MI, WI, MN, Vegas (1 Viewer)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi

It is time to start a fresh thread yet once again. I leave for a Southern trip on Monday, which will keep me travelling through the end of March.

April will bring me back to my New England clients (monthly), then off to OH,MI,MO,KY,IL,MN,and WI (did I miss any of the Northeast??).

May will return me to Soutern California, with a quick side trip to Vegas and a return visit to New York City and area.

June will return me Florida which I have started to make as a regular stop (every 3-4 months).

And of course I will always find time to service my local / New England clients each month.

If you dont see your area listed please email me and I will assist you in finding a qualified setup / ISF tech in your area.

Feel free to email [email protected] for more info or simply post the question in this thread.

Regards,

Gregg
www.lionav.com

Regular service includes: MA, ME, VT, CT, NH, and RI
Regular trips to Detroit and Minneapolis via stopovers on NWA
Regular trips to Maritime Canada - twice annually
Florida, tip to tip: May 2004, August 2004
NJ NYC PA September 2004
Upstate New York and PA October 2004
San Diego and Los Angeles, June and September 2004
Las Vegas, July 2004
Minneapolis and area, Including Wisconsin Oct 2004
Detroit, Oct 2004
Chicago, Oct 2004
Ohio, Oct 2004
San Francisco,July 2004

North Eastern States including NH PA OH MO MN WI MI IL
St Louis MO and areas (MID WEST TOUR), including OHIO and Indianapolis Sept - Oct 2004.

South Eastern States including: Atlanta GA, Tennessee, North and South Carolinas, Alabama, Mississippi, Early Fall 2004

Please email me if your area is not listed and I will accommodate you. [email protected]

Please also remember that affiliated calibrators of LionAV service the following areas:

Washington DC area, Chuck Williams
Dallas, Steve Martin
Pheonix AZ, Michael Hamilton
Calgary, Edmonton, Western Canada and Toronto, Michael Chen

Please feel free to ask: Michael TLV, Michael Hamilton, Chuck Williams, or Steve Martin any questions you may have of them...you can link via www.lionav.com to an ask a question form.

Thanks for looking

Gregg Loewen
H 207 778 5417
C 201 232 3380

nick_rh

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Gregg,

I'm in Los Angeles. I've got a 2-month old Panasonic PT-47WX53 that I'm considering having calibrated; presumably, by May it would be well past the recommended break-in period. What would the total fee be to calibrate the 480 i/p DVD input and a 1080i HD input and remove the glare screen (if it's removable, which I'm not sure about)?

Thanks!

Jonathan_

Second Unit
Gregg,

I will be replacing my broken Mits 55" with a Hitachi 57s500 in the next 2 weeks. I see that you will be coming to Tennessee in the Fall. Do you have a general idea when that will be? Also what would it cost to have the DVD input along with the HD input calibrated? Also how far in advance do you need the money? Needless to say replacing my TV is taking all of my blow money for a little while. But I must have you down to calibrate my TV for me. Thanks in advance and I look forward to having you down soon!

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi

Ill be back in TN around October, perhaps earlier if I have the interest.

50 travel fee, 400 for the video setup and ISF calibration of the dvd scan rate, add 150 for HD calibration, add 150 for duvetyne lining (if desired).

regards

gregg

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Looks like KY will be in September.

Feel free to call me with any questions at 201 232 3380

Regards

Gregg

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
only 5 more days then back in Maine to regroup and schedule my next trip to New England and the North Eastern States!!

Byron_T

Grip
I live in south Alabama and was wondering if you would be coming through in the fall or if you knew of someone around that could calibrate my Hitachi 57S500.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi

Ill be Florida in late May. If your in the Mobile area, I wouldnt mind doing the drive. Please call me to discuss further.

Regards

Gregg
cell: 201 232 3380

Sankar

Second Unit
Hello Gregg!

I live just north of NYC in southern Westchester County.

I have an older Toshiba TW65H80 which I'd bought few years ago (this was the precursor to the TW65x81 I believe) and had focus, grayscale, geometry, glare screen removal, duvetyne lining, etc done.

We moved recently and the TV is here (all packed and wrapped as it was shipped) awaiting me to complete the HT room in the basement. Unfortunately, prior to departure somebody messed up the trimpots (ok, ok .. that was me :D ), so I'm sure that the unit needs a grayscale adjustment at the very least (which I do not want to even begin to consider in the absence of measuring equipment!). Focus may also be off since its been physically transported on a truck.

I see that you may be coming this way ... when would that be?

AllenD

Second Unit
Hi Gregg,

Any chance I can get a price break in Vegas if I provide food and lodging? :b Heck, I'll even sell you a 2004 Tahoe $1000 below invoice, plus rebates! :D J/K Who am I kidding. There's deals everywhere in this town when it comes to a hotel room. :rolleyes

But I do need 1080i and 480p calibration on my Mits WS65807. I can do the duvetyne myself. I took the Mits apart to get it upstairs and it looks easy enough. BTW, what do you suggest I have done to the Mits?

Thanks

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi guys, Im just getting back from my Southern tour.

Sankar, Ill be back in the NYC and area in mid May

AllenD. Ill be in Vegas in May also. The xxx07 Mits also needs to the the I2C fix performed to correct the red push.

Give me an email at [email protected] if interested.

Regards

Gregg Loewen

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Gregg,
I'm in CT, and have a Sanyo PLV-Z2 LCD projector (1280x720). Could you give me a price and month you'll be near CT. I use an upscaling DVD player that's uses 720p and I also use HD cable.

Thanks
Legairre

Philippe Kline

Stunt Coordinator
Gregg, any chance you'll be coming my way (Pittsburgh, PA) in ~3mo's or so? Either way, can you give me a breakdown on what costs could be involved in ISF'ing my new Hitachi 51S500 and when you might be in my area?
Thanks!
-Philippe Kline
[email protected]

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi guys

I have time in CT in May. Pricing for FPs is $400, then add 50 travel if South of the Boston / Hartford corridor.

Ill be driving through Pitsburgh near the end of the month. $50 travel, $400 for the video setup (inc glare screen removal) and ISF calibration of the DVD scan rate, add $150 for the HD scan rate, and 150 again for a duvetyne lining (if desired).

Feel free to email me for more information.

Regards

Gregg
[email protected]

Dietrich Loos

Auditioning
Hi Gregg,

Any chance you'll be in the Chicago area (western suburbs) any more this month? Also, could you give me an idea of what it would cost to calibrate a Mitsubishi WS65-711 (at least I think that's what it is, it's last year's 65" Diamond series)? Also, on that set, will I notice a big difference after calibration?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks