1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

ISF Calibrators?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Chris Huber, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Chris Huber

Chris Huber Second Unit

Any of them around here? I had a question about alignment of the RPTV. It's a newer HDMI model HDTV from around 6 years back. I have this red gun issue on the extreme right side. It's about 5% of the screen on the right that has the issue. No matter how I set the alighnment (all crosses set right) on the calibration section, I still get the right side having some red edge issues. It's deff watchable and not to noticable. I can correct the right side, but after that, the center become red.

2. douglas-b

douglas-b Stunt Coordinator

Douglas Berry
  3. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

Aside from 2001 TVs not having HDMI inputs ... (They started to appear in 2005)

the lack of convergence on the edge can be attributed to at least a couple of things ...

RP sets rarely have perfect convergence on the edges and some did it better than others. RCA brands were particularly poor for convergence.

Second item ... it could be a sign that the convergence board is about to fail ... if this is a recent occurance ...

Regards

4. Chris Huber

Chris Huber Second Unit

I think you are wrong on that year quote. My Panasonic PT-53WXD63 TV came out in 2003 with HDMI on it.

5. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    hi guys
    the model was 2004
    Ive seen this problem before with Pannys and with Phillips / marantz. It is an convergence IC issue and requires repair.
    Best wishes
    Gregg