What's new

Is Video DAC spec all that significant? (1 Viewer)

BrentSP

Agent
Real Name
Brent Pearcy
Looking at some Marantz DVD players......Some have 216MHz/12Bit, 108MHz/12-Bit and 54MHz/10bit Video D/A Converters. I'll just be using S-Video (booh, booh) since thats all my 55" supports.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Jesus. S-video? DACs are not insignificant, but with S-video you're not going to see anything but turds anyway.

Jacob C

Second Unit
What does Jesus have to do with S-video?

IMO it is time for the 55" to be replaced. I know, sad, but if it only has S-vid it has to be old and a new TV, especially if it is HD, will make more of a difference than anything else.

BrentSP

Agent
Real Name
Brent Pearcy
Ha,ha yeap just S-Video. I bought it in 2001 (its not even wide screen)
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

The picture is fine actually its not anywhere detailed as HD but it doesn't bother me. My Sony DVD player that I'm replacing is older to, I think it was when DTS had only been out out in mass marketed products a few years.

I still have my Paradigm Ref Studio 60 V.1s to are those turds and need to be updated to? :D

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
No, studios are beautiful speakers.

In any case, with s-video out differences are not really going to be very noticeable. Don't overspend for the DVD player unless you intent on upgrading displays in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks