1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Video DAC spec all that significant?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by BrentSP, May 10, 2007.

1. BrentSP

BrentSP Well-Known Member

Looking at some Marantz DVD players......Some have 216MHz/12Bit, 108MHz/12-Bit and 54MHz/10bit Video D/A Converters. I'll just be using S-Video (booh, booh) since thats all my 55" supports.

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Well-Known Member

Jesus. S-video? DACs are not insignificant, but with S-video you're not going to see anything but turds anyway.

3. Jacob C

Jacob C Well-Known Member

What does Jesus have to do with S-video?

IMO it is time for the 55" to be replaced. I know, sad, but if it only has S-vid it has to be old and a new TV, especially if it is HD, will make more of a difference than anything else.

4. BrentSP

BrentSP Well-Known Member

Ha,ha yeap just S-Video. I bought it in 2001 (its not even wide screen) [​IMG]

The picture is fine actually its not anywhere detailed as HD but it doesn't bother me. My Sony DVD player that I'm replacing is older to, I think it was when DTS had only been out out in mass marketed products a few years.

I still have my Paradigm Ref Studio 60 V.1s to are those turds and need to be updated to? [​IMG]

5. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Well-Known Member

No, studios are beautiful speakers.

In any case, with s-video out differences are not really going to be very noticeable. Don't overspend for the DVD player unless you intent on upgrading displays in the near future.