What's new

Is Total Drama Island ever coming to DVD? (1 Viewer)

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Is the ultra popular canadain cartoon Total Drama Island going to get a DVD release? More specificly will it get a release in the U.S., because there could possible legal complications.

I know it can easily be released in Canada, I want the canadain to be released, and if it is only released in Canada, I am sure there are tons of fans like myself that would buy import copies, in order to get the uncut version.

I just hope Time Warner isn't going to be such a - holes that they would try to block a TDI DVD release even in Canada.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason

Is there some complication that could prevent its release?

Since first catching an ep on Cartoon Network, I've been hooked and eagerly waiting for each new ep to air. Have also been hoping to hear of a dvd release as I would purchase it in an instant. Hope we don't have to wait too long to get one.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator

The complication is that is a mega hit show for Cartoon Network, and a DVD release could make a lot of money and Time Warner knows that, and would want to make money off DVD releases.

But they don't own the show, and if Teletoon releases it on DVD, and fans buy import copies, that is money that Time Warner could have made.

The Cartoon Network edits a lot of things, so their version is not the uncut version like the Teletoon version.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Amazon just put up the Complete Series for pre-order. Currently, it's at 30% off the list of $34.99, which looks like a reasonable price to me. No real details are shown as to the contents or actual release date, but I am thrilled to see it being offered! Will definitely be adding this one to my collection!

Rick P

Supporting Actor
I'm not ordering till I see if they manage to muck it up like they have done other Teletoon shows. It's shown wide in Canada, and cropped on CN.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks