1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by photoman9988, Apr 9, 2012.

1. photoman9988

photoman9988 New Member

Hey everyone. Well, I'm trying to set up a decent beginner home theater system for my apartment. I already have the receiver, now I just need the speakers. I found a guy selling a set of speakers that seems to be a good deal. He has a pair of Klipsch VF-35's and a Klipsch C-2 all for $300. He said they are 2 years old, and in pristine condition. I talked to him on the phone, and he sounded a little older, so I'll assume he takes care of his stuff.
    So if they ARE in great condition, is this a decent deal for the 3 speakers?

2. David Willow

David Willow Babbling Idiot
    Supporter

Dave
    That set would cost about $400-500 new. First thing to do is listen to them for yourself. Spend 30 minutes or more to be sure. The thing about Klipsch is they can be fatiguing. Some folks love them, others dislike them.
    If you find that you do like them, I'd offer him $250.

3. Tomn8r

Tomn8r Member

Those speakers should rock! If they're broken in well they should'nt be bright. They'll make a good "starter set'" & with their high sensitivity will make good use of the power.