What's new

Is there anywhere that maintains a list of exclusive titles? (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I noticed Robert's threads listing the releases on each format, but is there a single thread (or website) that specifically lists which titles are available on one format or the other? I'm considering going dual format, but since there's a lot that's released on both formats now, the exclusives will probably be the deciding factor.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

At this point the only titles that would be on both formats would be from Warner/New Line.

I'm not sure if that helps you or not.

Doug

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Unless I don't understand your question properly: yes there is such a website. It's ours, and both threads are on top of this very subforum asd a sticky!

Our moderator Robert Crawford maintains them, and I'm very sure they are highly up-to-date.
("Blu-ray Release Listing" and "HD DVD Release Listing")

Or do you want the exclusive releases explicitly separated from the common ones? (As it is now, you need to do the striking-through by yourself.)

Cees

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I just skimmed through that list and it doesn't contain any titles which are on HD DVD from other countries (France, Japan, UK...). Does this forum disapprove of importing?:confused:

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
No, the forum clearly does not disapprove of importing.
There have been numerous threads about other-than-R1 releases, even including HD DVD releases of films that are Blu-ray-only in the US.

The two mentioned above simply aren't about those and are maintained better.

Cees

PerryD

Supporting Actor
As mentioned, it's pretty easy to break down exclusivity going by the Studio looking at the existing list.

But, there are a significant number of Warner Bros movies that are HD-DVD only though, and that may be the more valuable information that you are seeking. Some are new movies like Batman Begins and V for Vendetta, and several are older movies like Casablanca, Adventures of Robin Hood, Grand Prix, Willy Wonka. Warner has suggested that the newer HD-DVD exclusives will be released on Blu-ray within the next year, but hasn't really said anything about the older movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks