What's new

Is There Any Update on Remington Steele? (1 Viewer)

NancyEddy

Auditioning
anybody expecting to see Brosnan in a Bond-like role will probably feel cheated

There were aspects of PB's role in RS that were a little Bond-like, at least to me. That's why I always thought he'd make a *great* Bond, even from day one! I believe that Bond fans would like the show - the ones I've introduced to it have, anyway.

And they've also come to appreciate SZ's acting. So I still think it's a good idea, if not a popular one.

R. Kay

Second Unit
I loved the episode where Doris Roberts' character was playing favorites with Remington's younger brother ...

Oops. Sorry ... Wrong show.

;)

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
I received my set in the mail earlier this week and I have been enjoying it as much as I did back when it originally aired. I was just wondering if anyone else is enjoying it this much also.

As for the Bond thing- my teenage son only came into to watch with me because of knowing Bronsan as Bond and he loves the show.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I am also enjoying it, picked up the set earlier in the week. I have watched the first 4 episodes so far and the show definately is as good as ever. I can only hope that it sells enough so we can get more seasons released.

NancyEddy

Auditioning
Has anyone else found any 'glitches' in the DVDs? So far, they're not bad enough to warrant returning them, but I'm curious is anyone else is having this problem.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
What glitches? I have only watched through the 4th episode and so far the only thing I have trouble with is hearing it sometimes but then again I live in a noisy house.;)

NancyEddy

Auditioning
Peggy, I'm talking about spots where the DVD picture freezes or pauses and then jumps forward, sometimes over an entire scene.

I've heard from a few people on my RS yahoogroup that they've found things like that. I'm trying to find out how widespread the problem is.

nancy

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I have experienced no glitches like that yet. I have only watched first disc though. If anything pops up i will let you know.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
there was a manufactural defect on my copy and when I try watching the second episode on disc 3, I freeze up when chapter 2 starts and it immediately goes to the next chapter. I received my copy as a review copy, so I can't return it :frowning: oh well.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
That is great news. I am just starting on the second dvd as I was spacing them out to make them last longer, now I see that I won't have to do that. After each episode I find myself realizing what a great show this was, a few shows I haven't enjoyed as much as I did the first time around but this one I think I am enjoying more.

JohnHenry

Grip
I love the Remington Steele season 1 on dvd, can't wait to see more seasons coming out. I was disappointed that Stephanie Zimbalist wasn't on the front cover. SZ is my favorite character on the show.

NancyEddy

Auditioning
Anyone know who we need to contact about music rights for the releases to insure that we get the original music in some of the eps, like "Steele Trying" or "Diced Steele"? They didn't have Laura singing "Satisfaction" in "Hearts of Steele", so I'm worried we won't get Tony Bennett's wonderful tunes or Sonny's vocals in those eps.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
While we are waiting for S3 to be released, since i don't see anyone has mentioned this yet, i thought i would throw it out there for those that might not have heard it. During Pierce Brosnan's press junket for the matador..he mentioned what project's he would be doing next, butterfly on the wheel and possibly a sequel to his thomas crown affair.

But now is where it gets good, He said then he plans to revisit his smooth-talking private eye character remington steele in a feature film. He said he knows there is still an audience out there for this and is looking forward to reprising the role.

Sounds good to me I hope Stephanie Zimbalist is going to be involved then.

NancyEddy

Auditioning
It would be nice to see PB back as RS, but later interviews reveal that he thinks he's 'too old' to play the role, and would cast a younger actor in that part, leaving himself free to do a smaller role and 'steal the third act'.

Oh, well.

And the eps on the DVDs are uncut - but some of them don't have the original music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks