What's new

Is there any place that still sells Laserdisc players? (1 Viewer)

Brandy S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
I'll have a DVL-919 for sale again if the guy sends it back to me... :frowning:

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter

I read your other thread on this. You're still going to refund the guy's money and take back the player, even though it works perfectly fine?

Sam H

Second Unit
Players are getting insanely cheaper than they used to be. Like others said, I'd look for a credible seller of a CLD-D704 for $150 to $250 -or- a CLD-97 or LD-S2 for about $500. You can spend more and do better, but this is great performance for the dollar. It was a fun format and I still collect discs, though it's admittingly tough at times to watch a number of titles with the great upconverting dvd players out there like the Toshiba HD-A1 and the Oppos. It'll be tempting and addicting for a little while to buy up any disc in sight as cheap as they are now, so be careful. Unless you can invest in an excellent player as mentioned in the thread, you may be slightly disappointed in the video on a HDTV or large front projection screen. The analog video is a look some love and others hate, particularly after watching sharper dvds through component or dvi/hdmi.

joseph f

Auditioning
I would stay away, it can be an addiction. I have a CLD-99 myself with about 300 discs. Basically I can't go to ebay or I will get myself in trouble.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Talk about eBay. There's somebody selling a Pioneer 72-disc megachanger (size of a bookcase), but it's untested, and the photo shows it only has a few of the caddies in it. For $500, I don't think it's worth while.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks