What's new

Is there any news on Beautiful Girls? (1 Viewer)

LCD22

Screenwriter
I personally haven't heard anything new concerning one on Blu-ray (or an anamorphic reissue on DVD) yet, but I thought I'd start a separate thread for one here for Blu-ray.

frankie108

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Frank P
ChrisCook said:
I personally haven't heard anything new concerning one on Blu-ray (or an anamorphic reissue on DVD) yet, but I thought I'd start a separate thread for one here for Blu-ray.
This is also one of my favorite films. It was broadcast in HD recently on satellite TV. Looked damn good!!!

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
The current DVD looks like ass. Id love to get a blu of this film (or even a remastered sdvd at this point).

Count me in!

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
While there is PAL speedup, the UK version looks excellent. Anamorphic and very well transferred. A fave of mine and will definitely tide me over.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
I have the UK disc as well as I can't believe we never got an anamorphic re-issue in the US. I watch it expressly on my HTPC to get rid of the pitch issue (while losing the DD track :frowning:) and it does like pretty good, but I would pay lots of money to get this on BD.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Matt Butler said:
That's the one. Wow. I just looked up my order and it was 1/2 that price last year! I would go with the used version from this seller... he ships internationally. (Go to see all selling options)
Seller: splendid-books
Rating:100% positive over the past 12 months (2264 ratings.) 3885 lifetime ratings.
Delivery: In stock. Dispatched from United Kingdom International delivery available See delivery rates
Comments: Clean disc and box

LCD22

Screenwriter
Optimum Home Entertainment has it on their schedule for October 31.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beautiful-Girls-Blu-ray/dp/B005K7V4HG/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1314986153&sr=1-1

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
Is it true that Echo Bridge is releasing Beautiful Girls on Blu-ray on March 26?? ! http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00AZF13KG/panandscathed-20

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Looks to be a likelihood. Here's Echo Bridge's info: https://www.echobridgeentertainment.com/dvd/Beautiful_Girls_02481

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
It's available now at Best Buy stores as part of an exclusive through the end of March. I know because I own it! Picture is good, but audio is only 2.0, which is disappointing. The EPK included with the film has a goateed Jon Stewart doing the interviews!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Wow, thanks for the info! For $5.99 even! I managed to place an order for it, even though there doesn't seem to be working product page for it. Hopefully the order will be fulfilled.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Mark Cappelletty said:
It's available now at Best Buy stores as part of an exclusive through the end of March. I know because I own it! Picture is good, but audio is only 2.0, which is disappointing. The EPK included with the film has a goateed Jon Stewart doing the interviews!
I don't think there was a 5.1 mix for the film, so I'm fine with that. It looks like Playing By Heart also just came out from Echo Bridge and it has DTS 5.1.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I wasn't sure about that. I got rid of my non-anamorphic DVD of it years ago. Great movie and my favorite band, the Afghan Whigs, play in the bar scene where Michael Rapaport dances with Uma Thurman. Disappointed that the Echo Bridge version of the underrated BELOW is only 2.0. And still waiting for a blu-ray of THINGS TO DO IN DENVER WHEN YOU'RE DEAD.

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
Looking forward to getting this. I would have put Tim Hutton, not Matt Dillon on the insert cover, if you could have only one of the guys, but they're not asking my opinion on insert design. :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It's marked as shipped! I'm looking forward to finally having this film in HD!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The disc arrived today. But man, it is BEGGING for a custom cover. Unfortunately I'm not sure what kind of images are available. The only ones I can turn up are a panoramic shot of the whole cast in a bar (which might make a nice wraparound image) and a shot of Hutton and Portman against some lovely siding.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks