What's new

Is there a site to help you with calibrating your TV to the best display settings? (1 Viewer)

Ben_Brown

Auditioning
I am looking for a site that tells you where to adjust your setting for my new TV (sony 36in.), if there is anything like that out there. I'll be getting Avia in a month or so but I want it to look great now.Thanks

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
In addition, if you can burn yourself the NTSC colorbars and whitepoint/blackpoint pictures and display it from your DVD player, you'll be able to do the same type of calibrations as the Video Essentials.

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
>>> if you can burn yourself the NTSC colorbars ...

I don't think so. With a home DVD burner there is no assurance that intensities or other quantitative values will be correct. Even the overscan pattern could be too wide or too narrow if the video was analog at any time from its source to the DVD you are burning.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
Oh yeah - and don't forget agoraquest forums for this Sony stuff.

Re: Allan Jayne - yeah I really can't speak for home dvd burners but I was just guessing. I guess it'd actually have to be the data (color bars and etc) from the DVD disc that you would need to copy vs just a screenshot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks