Is there a limit on Timers? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
In either the iPad or iPhone?

I ask because I have this Weber barbecue app on my iPad. In the recipes, when a cooking time is given you can tap it and start a timer. I just tried to start a second and it said I would have to cancel the first. I'm wondering if that's a limit of the app or of the iPad/iPhone.

BTW, I read a review on the iTunes store that mentioned that if you want the same app for both devices you have to pay the $5 for each one. This is unusual isn't it? I've ran across several apps that if you buy it for one device, you'e bought it for both with the one purchase.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
iOS clock app only supports one timer active. I don't know if that's a system limitation.

App pricing is at the discretion of the developer: they might have a universal app for a single price, or iPhone and iPad apps sold separately. They might even be iPhone or iPad only with no version for the other platform. That said, you can always buy an iPhone-only app and run it on the iPad.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Yeah, I didn't think it was a requirement that one purchase would cover both devices. It's just that this is the first time I've encountered an app that requires a purchase for both. Running an iPhone app on and iPad kinda sucks since it will look like crap on the iPad.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Running iPhone app on iPad is definitely not the best experience. How is the Weber app, otherwise? I'll have a grill this summer.Edit:Looks like a cookbook app. And I have their printed cookbook already (which I like).

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I like it. It's got a bunch of recipes and you can email the recipes. The first one we tried, baby back ribs with a cherry/pomegranate sauce was sensational. It was worth the $5. I just wish the $5 got me the app for both devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks