What's new

Is "The Time Machine" (1960) ever coming to Blu-ray? (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Mother Night is a movie?
Nick Nolte and Alan Arkin, based on a Kurt V book. Never knew it was a movie.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Was "Time Machine" never a good seller on previous formats? That would be a pity. Oh yeah, it's a classic, Pal or no Pal. I've screened it for little kids who really enjoy it.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Ethan Riley said:
Was "Time Machine" never a good seller on previous formats? That would be a pity. Oh yeah, it's a classic, Pal or no Pal. I've screened it for little kids who really enjoy it.
Showed it to my kids too, and they really liked it. Amazon has a good quality streaming version to rent....

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I started this thread 2 years ago today, and still no word on a blu ray. I was hoping it would be out for that big 90th anniversary Warner set, but I guess we'll have to wait some more. I feel like it's a good sign that whenever it does come out it'll be a pretty good release, and not just quickly chucked out there as a copy of the current DVD. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Ethan Riley said:
Was "Time Machine" never a good seller on previous formats?
I believe this has been a consistently excellent seller for MGM/WB. It's been released on every video format including CED, plus on Super 8mm (as both a 3-reel digest, which I owned, and -- I believe -- a complete feature), and is played fairly continuously on TCM.

I think this will emerge on Blu-ray in the not-too-distant future, perhaps as part of a George Pal set, along with 7 FACES OF DR. LAO and tom thumb.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Warner is too busy acquiring other studios' films and mostly sitting on them to worry about The Time Machine. Terrific movie, but probably not a priority title for them at the moment.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
stevenHa said:
Actually I think a George pal blu ray collection would be a terrific idea !
Of course it would be! And I hope The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm in Smilebox would be a part of it.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
As much as fan I've been of The Time Machine for my whole life, I'm asamed to say that the only other George Pal movie I've seen is War of the Worlds. I've always been meaning to buy some of them, but just have never gotten around to it. Will have to make it a priority the next time I can buy some DVDs. I've always heard good things about his movies that I wouldn't mind blind buying some.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Nelson Au said:
It's New Years Eve Eve. I'll probably do my yearly viewing of the DVD tonight.
e69b6bcb_936full-yvette-mimieux.jpeg
Holy moly, Yvette was so frickin' gorgeous!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Damn it, would love a bluray of this movie. Yvette is still alive too. get a commentary track with her.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
JohnS said:
Damn it, would love a bluray of this movie. Yvette is still alive too. get a commentary track with her.
Rod Taylor and Alan Young are also still with us.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
RobertR said:
Holy moly, Yvette was so frickin' gorgeous!
I concur! That pic is a pretty cool find. Would love to have a commentary with Taylor/Young/Mimieux, with perhaps a film historian to serve as a moderator. Sadly, Taylor didn't look like he was in the best of shape in Inglourious Basterds.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
He has not looked like even a former matinee idol for many years. He was in an episode or two of Murder She Wrote, and looked like he has enjoyed the bottle a little too much, sadly.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The movie still plays like gangbusters. I would so love to see it in high definition.

I remember how I marveled at the special effects in the theater as a kid and how truly frightening the Morlocks were to my young self then.

You know the things I remember most? The passage of time reflected in the mannequin's clothing changes and the books that would turn to ash at the touch of a finger. And, of course, the dead Morlock transforming into a skeleton as he went into the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks