What's new

Is the "Pulse" DVD still coming out this month? (1 Viewer)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Damnit again!

This is so f#cking frustrating! We've been waiting on this release for five years!

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
I just hope they release it before DDD's next 20% off sale.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Anyone like to take a bet that there will be even more delays?

Just what is the problem with these guys? You can only push the 'we're holding it up to ensure the best possible quality' argument so far.

Manus

Second Unit
I got an e-mail from cdwow saying that it had been out back till late January and then a follow up e-mail saying it had been removed from Emi's release calendar which could put it back as far as March-April which would tie it in with David Gilmour's new album.

Bummer , really, they've given us such a great year but it ends with bitter taste...:thumbsdown:

~M~

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

And what's the betting that the next announcement will be that it'll be held back until September to give Dave Gilmour's album a chance to get some decent sales? And then there'll be Roger Water's next album, and then maybe Rick Wright will have a new line in scented wallpaper coming out...

Just release the ****ing thing, guys.

Doug Z

Stunt Coordinator
I was reading the reviews on Amazon and I guess it may have been released in other countries??? How else would there be reviews....anyway, one poster said it was 4:3!?!?!?!?!?

Manus

Second Unit
yep 4:3 and it was shot on video.But remember how good the Zepp dvd was and the source material was much worse. Supposed to be a 640kbps ( Dolby ? ) track on there too which should be interesting.
If it's ever released that is ....

~M~

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
According to Play.com there is yet another delay on this title and now, if you please, it will be:

that's 6th March for those of you unfortunate enough to be saddled with an illogical dating system. ;)

And I'll be amazed if that's the last of the delays. :angry:

Sorry, but for this release to lose its bitter taste of receiving it only when the almighty Floyd deigned to let us plebs receive it, the disc would have to be hand delivered by the band who would in addition have to play an impromptu set in my living room.

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Oh come now andrew - we waited something like 3 1/2 years for the Running On Empty DVD-A after it was announced to be done the first time :) - and we've been waiting forever for Lamb Lies Down On Broadway SACD which is supposed to have been in the can for over a year as well. Now it seems we will wait longer until the rest of the 1970's Genesis material is finished (And Then There Were 3 is still to go) so they can release a 'brick' style set.

Do you think it is the Artists who are holding these up (some who actually appreciate their fan base and people who purchase their products), or the record companies to gain maximum dollar for their investment.......

I can wait longer for 'Pulse' - just give me WISH YOU WERE HERE on SACD first !!!

I feel very fortunate to have a very logical dating system :) and spell colour with a 'u' ;)

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Yeah, but I would bet June 3rd, er, 3rd June comes closer to the actual eventual (if any) release date.

Ian Such

Stunt Coordinator
But the 3rd of June which year?

This is really annoying (yes, I'm holding back on what I really think) - just give us the dvd, warts and all. We don't care that it might not be 100% perfect, or the blue sky on the cover may not be exactly the right shade of blue, or the front right-hand corner of the sleeve is not cut at exactly 90 degrees, or that the sound from the audience is mixed slightly low so that the guy in the 23rd row, Block F can't be heard saying to his mate "hey, this is good", or whatever other "quality" issue they might want to focus on.

Just give us the dvd .......

Manus

Second Unit
I just got an e-mail from cdwow saying its been put back to 13/2/06 ( everybody got that ok ;)

I tried to buy a signed copy of Nick Mason's book 'Inside Out' for the missus for Christmas from their site and pick it up at their management's office in London when I was over to see Porcupine Tree and they bloody e-mailed me to cancel that as well !!!!

I'm glad Gilmour's Royal albert Hall gigs are sold out , it'll save me asking !!!

SORT IT OUT !

~M~

AricB

Second Unit
just heard on the radio, that release sometime in SEPTEMBER! UGH!

i sure hope they are stalling for some kind of reunion tour or something.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
September 18, to be precise:

http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/

And, according to recent David Gilmour interview in Rolling Stone, no reunion tour is planned. Gilmour is touring most of spring in support of his new solo album. That's not to say PF won't do some type of benefit concert later this year or early next. All of them have said they would be open to special charity performances now and then. But none has gone as far as to offer up the hope of a reunion world tour as many fans are deluding themselves about.

markAyates

Auditioning
New date is October!!!
is official is on brain-damage.co.uk

Somebody needs to start a petition or find an email / phone number for EMI to start sending letters to them - 9 month delay is beyond a joke - how can they have it ready for Dec 12, Dec 20th, Jan 16th, miss those with no announcement and now say October!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks