1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the new Panasonic 53X54 the Best Price/Performace RPTV on the Market- I think so!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by JohnKings, Aug 17, 2004.

1. JohnKings

JohnKings Well-Known Member

Hello:

I have owned a Hitach S series tv. I have had a current Mitsubishi Diamond series RPTV in my house. I have seen all of the various new technology (DLP/Plasma/LCD) TVs available and I can honestly say that right now I think this TV represents the most compelling bargain in big screens. I thought my eyes were fooling me when I first witnessed this TV in a local department store, so I didn't pay it the respect it was due. However, when I went to Circuit City to look at a broad range of TVs, I still thought the picture on this TV was as good as anything on display.

I am very obssessive when it comes to picture quality and for me to be even considering a bargain priced TV is saying something.

I was most impressed by the convergence and overall focus on these sets. This allowed for a very sharp and detailed picture. I also did not notice an emphesis on any color (i.e. red push) (this should not suggest that the color decoding is accurate out of the box as I am very certain it is not even close). I will say that I did not get to see this TV with an SD or DVD source so I cannot say what it looks like in these areas. That said, i have heard from others - who have seen SD/DVD on this TV - that it provides an excellent picture in this area as well.

Anyway, I am very impressed with this TV and am considering purchasing it. At my local Boscov's it is avaliable for ~ $1300 shipped. In my mind this is truly a great bargain.

I am interested in hearing others thoughts on this TV.

John