What's new

Is the LOTR Blu-Ray due sooner than we think? (1 Viewer)

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
Wow. Guys, it is not that big of a deal. I believe the poster said the article was about the upcoming Hobbit films and PJ makes a brief mention that he just recently watched the EEs of the LOTR movies for the first time in years and made a statement to the affect that the EEs really filled in the gaps so to speak......thats it. Honestly, I dont have enough interest to prove that to anyone here by taking however long it would take me to find that post in the sea of posts on these films. If I happen to run across it again, I will post a link. Believe me or not I dont really care, but that is simply what I read in one of the countless posts in one of the LOTR threads on either bluray.com or HDD.com.

Todd smith

Supporting Actor

I could say the same about you and a few others here......I certainly get the feeling that you believe what you want to believe as well.....some of your posts have not been all that pleasant either. Its obvious at this point that neither of us are going to convince the other of our "opinion" and "perspective"......I suggest we move on since we are starting to go in circles. I stand by my opinions as do you I am sure.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Com'on, Todd.

You were basically telling us that we should *have* to accept Warner/Nolan's decision to release TDK on BD the way it was done and not complain about it here on HTF -- that went back to the original thread on that topic. You also started joining one or two others in poking fun at those who complained about it.

Now, Warner/PJ has made their decision to release LotR on BD this way for the initial release (and note that both cases involve Warner as the releasing studio), but we basically hear the opposite tune from you (and worse actually w/ your so-called "unethical" points). Also, nobody here is ridiculing you for wanting the EE at all (nor has anyone here suggested the EE should not be released sooner than later, etc).

I would personally prefer to see them release both at the same time too, but it's not my/our decision to make -- just as the TDK BD thing was not any of our decision either. And in both cases, I would prefer both versions be released even though my preferences of which versions to own may differ from yours.

Look. If you're just talking about your preferences (and your desire for the upcoming release), nobody's gonna argue w/ you and call you on "facts", etc. but that's not the only thing you've been doing here... Well, ok, I guess someone did start complaining about the complainers, which presumably includes you since you responded to that, but maybe that's just a taste of your own medicine. ;) :D

Me? I'm basically over that TDK issue and bought the BD a while back. And I'll also get by just fine w/ this upcoming TE-only release of LotR even though I too prefer both versions to be released simultaneously (or sooner rather than later). Actually, if I had my way, I'd want PJ to redo the EE's to get rid of the various flaws he added, especially in the case of RotK:EE. :P Maybe that's precisely what he'll do for the eventual release (and might be partly why it's not coming out sooner).

_Man_

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
You still don't get it. There's no "opinion" or "perspective" that we "want to believe" and convince you of. We have the word of the director, explicitly and clearly laid out by the man himself in completely unmistakable language. There's no wiggle room, no equivocation, no hesitation. Just two short sentences using the words "definitive" about the TE and "novelty for the fans" about the EE.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Not so much a matter of belief, at least on my part.

An opinion or belief would be if you wrote, "I think that Peter Jackson prefers the EE version of LOTR." But when a source is cited by you, this becomes an attempt at a statement backed up by evidence. Just as has been done by quoting statements made by Jackson as to why he believes that the definitive version is the theractical release and that the EE are versions for fans.

This now becomes not an opinion, but something approaching an established fact, unless and until Jackson changes his view. Your attempt to claim that he may have changed his view now becomes not an opinion, but an engagement in a debate on evidence.

Your belief that this is true may not change, but dismiss the counter-arguments as opinions (and imply that one opinion is as good as another) fails tests of logic and rhetoric.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks