1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Is "The Day The Earth Caught Fire" worth buying?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stefan Pedersen, Dec 9, 2001.

1. Stefan Pedersen

Stefan Pedersen Active Member

I have never seen this film. Is it any good? How is the DVD?

Thanks!

2. Dick

Dick Well-Known Member

Rick
    You bet! Terrific, character-driven science-fiction film directed by Val Guest ("Abominable Snowman of the Himalayas"). 2.35:1 widescreen is vividly preserved, and includes opening and closing sequences tinted orange for the first time since theatrical showings. Well-acted (by the late Janet Munroe and a wonderful Leo McKern, among others), with athoughtful and intelligent screenplay. Not an action film, but a realistic glimpse at how humanity might handle the possible end of the world (see also the wonderful TWILIGHT ZONE episode, "Midnight Sun" for a similarly-themed story). Guest does a commentary for the disc. A great buy.

3. SteveGon

SteveGon Well-Known Member

Yes, definitely pick up this disc! I rented it the other day and was amazed at how good a movie it is. I'm planning on picking it up myself asap.

4. Stefan Pedersen

Stefan Pedersen Active Member

Thanks for your replies! I´m buying it!!

5. John Koehler

John Koehler Well-Known Member