1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Scifi channel movie "Riverworld" going to come out on dvd??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by todd s, Mar 24, 2003.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I know some Scifi channel movies come out on dvd. Does anyone know if Riverworld is going to be released on dvd?

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

No idea. Unlike Children Of Dune, it hasn't quickly appeared at the various e-tailers.

Also, this "wildcard" bit of info appeared this past Saturday (I first saw it today): despite being touted by SciFi as a simple "telefilm", and the IMDB's "coding system" (lack of quotes around the title, but the "(TV)" designator right after the title) seeming to indicate the same, a coworker today pointed me to a place I usually stay far away from: Aint It Cool News, where "Hercules" there says JUST this:

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

It's probably some direct to video movie SF bought first dibs on

4. Gregory Pauswinski

Gregory Pauswinski Supporting Actor

Sci Fi channel shows seem to be hit or miss as far as DVD goes. Taken was announced around the time it aired and Children of Dune was announced long before the series aired.

But as far as I know, there has been no announcement about Clive Barker's Saint Sinner. It aired last October and I somehow deleted it before I had a chance to watch it. I think there was talk about it coming to DVD before it aired, but nothing since then.

Gregory