What's new

Is Miramax going to release Zatoichi by itself? (1 Viewer)

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
I was surprised that both movies were in the same (ugly) case, not just boxed/shrink-wrapped together. Makes me wonder if Sonatine will be released separately, at least anytime soon. I paid $20; a good deal, but gives short shrift to a great film. And it's not hard to imagine some folks wanting one and not the other.

Matt: Thanks for the DVDBeaver link. While some of the interviews seem to have been cut, we still get to hear cinematographer Katsumi Yanagishima discuss the 'silvering' process used to temper the color. Apparently he'd waited a few films before Kitano agreed to try it. Sadly, the process seems to have been reversed by Miramax...

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
Joseph,

I picked up the Seville version of Zatoichi.

I believed that has all of the same picture transfer and extra as the Miramax DVD except that there is no Sonatine on the Seville DVD. Disc 1 contains the movie and Disc 2 contains the special features. I will be picking up the Miramax disc since I want Sonatine and I'll post if there's any difference between versions.

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
I have yet to pick up the Miramax version of Zatoichi and can't really comment between both versions. However, I'm pretty happy with the Seville version even without Sonatine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks