What's new

Is it worth putting something together for legacy video release differences? (1 Viewer)

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Hi all,
In the last few weeks I've been cleaning out my DVDs and some LDs due to everything going digital (Netflix) and Blu-Ray dominating my home theater for the last several years. I don't use DVDs much anymore except for movies that haven't been released on Blu yet, and Netflix sometimes has HD versions which, while not as good as Blu, are better than the DVD version.
The problem I have is this - in putting together DVDs to sell, I forgot to stop and think about the extras that they have. Even LDs had some unique features. There are also some home theater releases that have variations from one format to another. It's maddening. I can't remember if the DVD of one film has something on it that the Blu-Ray doesn't.
So, would it be worth it to put together a place on the forum where people can list a film as the topic, and list what would be different on the latest release vs. previous releases? Just a thought.

M

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Where would you even begin?

Maltese Falcon?
Casablanca?
Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

And even at that, the "extra", extra sets of movies like Gone with the Wind that have had, what...50 releases?

And then, Red was available as both DVD and BD in "just the movie" version...and the one with the extras.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks