What's new

IS it true you can buy Kids in the Hall S1 on DVD this week?? (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I heard you can buy Kids in the Hall Season 1 on DVD this week, is this true??
or will there be a better set out later on??

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Here is the KitH website. You had to place an order by mid-day yesterday to guarantee that your copy would ship tomorrow. But if you place an order now, then you'll get one...just probably won't ship until next Monday!

Gord Lacey, the owner of (and "my boss" at) TVShowsOnDVD.com was a consultant on this set. He also designed that KitH website. I'll point him toward this thread. But if you want it in time for Christmas, just go order it at the KitH site.

It will be in stores next year, but for now it's direct sales only.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Dave is right (as always). The set will come to retail at the end of April, but until then the only place you can get it is through Broadway Video. The copies shipping out right now will also include a limited edition magnetic poetry set.

Gord

Mike Blais

Stunt Coordinator
I recall kids in the hall being shown in the states on CBS. Is this the first season from the US or the first season from the CBC?
cheers,

Peter D

Stunt Coordinator
Are any of the major sites (HTF, DVDFile, etc.) going to get review copies of this set? I love the KitH, but I hate making blind purchases.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Mike, these are the uncensored HBO versions of the show.

Peter, I'm not sure exactly who is going to be reviewing the set. The PR company is sending some out, but I think most will be going to major newspapers and stuff (Entertainment Weekly, NY Times....)

I should have my set tomorrow, but I'm slightly biased. Okay, totally biased.

Gord

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I agree 59.99 is too much. Is this possibly the list price? If so I can wait to get for ~$45 next year.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
This is the SRP of the set. When it comes to retail next year there will be regular discounts applied to it. While the price may seem high, I can tell you that it was an expensive set to put together. There were fairly high music licensing costs associated with the set, as well as the costs to shoot new material...

Gord

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
Sigh. I thought I had cancelled my order, but they shipped it anyway. The hassle of sending it back isn't really worth the money I'd save by waiting.

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
I just recieved my Kids in the Hall set today. Haven't had a chance to sample it yet, but it is quite nice, packaging-wise. I am so happy to have this! Thanks Gord, and whomever else is responsible for this set. Looking forward to Season Two (is it a given, or are they basing it on sales, as with everything else?). Oh, and the magnetic poetry is quite nice, as well.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Ahhh! You guys are killing me! I haven't even seen it yet.

I'll pass the kind words on to Broadway Video. I think we'll probably have a followup survey on the kidsinthehall.com site to see what people think of the site, the magnetic poetry and the preorder process. I can tell you this went a LOT better than the My So-Called Life thing did.

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks